The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Southeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Southeast Topics for events and get-togethers in Virgina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama & Florida.

Old 01-30-2014
Account with Invalid Email

Default 2014 SVT Superfest @ VIR – SVT Cobra Mustang Clubs 15th Anniversary May 23-25, 2014

SVT Superfest 2014

Virginia International Raceway

May 23-25, 2014 - Danville, VA

Three days of full course action at VIR…don’t miss the best HPDE weekend event of the year!

What is so important about May 23-25, 2014? This is the weekend the SCMC will be celebrating its 15th Anniversary as the premier Mustang Cobra, Shelby and Boss club in the US. The event will be held at the world class facility of Virginia International Raceway in Danville, VA. It will be three days of open track on the full course, a SVT and Mustang show including all Fords, and a Saturday evening banquet with guest speaker. Other arrangements are being made for Special SVT vehicles to be in attendance. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a historic event.

If you like to drive fast and not have to worry about getting a ticket, then the SCMC has something to ease your adrenaline pain. The Superfest includes three days on the 3.27 mile NEWLY REPAVED AND WIDENED full course where you can reach speeds in excess of 140 mph all in a safe, controlled environment. Instructors will be available and you do not need any special equipment to run on track over the weekend. Every year we have some Ford/SVT pro drivers doing charity laps all day long, so you can pay to catch a ride and feel the excitement of going around the track at speed all the while making a donation to a worthy cause. Last year, it was for the Susan G Komen foundation.

Be sure to mark your calendars and save the date -- May 23-25, 2014!

For more information and registration details, please visit http://www.svtcobrac...ead.php?t=19237 and take advantage of the early registration discount!

VIRginia International Raceway, home of the 2014 SVT Superfest, has recently completed some MAJOR improvements, including repaving the 3.27 mile historic road course and widening it in several places, as well as paving the entire north paddock. These changes will create a smoother and faster surface for drivers and a more comfortable viewing experience for fans. Come check out the new and improved track surface at the SVT Superfest on May 23 - May 25, 2014 for three days of 140+ mph full-course action at the newly repaved VIR. Don’t miss the fastest open track event of the year!

SPECIAL PHOTO OPPORTUNITY:
We will have the following groups out on track during lunch for parade laps:
Friday May 23. 2014 - Shelby Photo Shoot
Saturday May 24, 2014 - SVT Cobra Photo Shoot
Sunday May 25, 2014 - Fox Body Photo Shoot (1979-1993 Mustang)

Three days of full-course open track, car shows, parade laps, autocross, camping, lodging, spa, pool, gourmet restaurant, catered meals and karting (5/8 mile course with lots of elevation changes and new karts)....all at VIR on May 23 - 25, 2014!
2002 Roush Stage 3 World Challenge GR40 - Race Car (sold 5/29/12)[/B][/I]
Old 01-30-2014
Account with Invalid Email

Please use this link...http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19237
2002 Roush Stage 3 World Challenge GR40 - Race Car (sold 5/29/12)[/B][/I]
Old 02-05-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I have been meaning to attend this event for the past couple of years but something always comes up. I am coming this year with my 89 Saleen and want to get it on the track. I have never participated in a HPDE event. What do I need to do to participate in the driving event? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

I am going to this. One of the best Mustang events of the year. Also the SVT Cobra Club's 15th Anniversary. Should be really special. I run with these guys every year. What a great group.