The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > South
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Topics for events and get-togethers in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana & Mississippi.

Old 04-03-2016
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default 7th Annual Gullo Ford Weekend - Apr 8-10, 2016 - Conroe (Houston area) TX!!

Alright, things are shaping up nicely with the planning!
There's a welcome dinner on Friday night, the Gullo All-Ford Car Show on Saturday, and a cruise and museum tour on Sunday.
We often get Saleen owners from all over the state to come in for this so we also have a host hotel lined up for your convenience with discounted rates. See info below.
Weather is great this time of year, so don't miss this one!

Friday April 8
- Welcome Bash at Mi Rancho's Mexican Grill and Bar

Saturday April 9
- Gullo All-Ford Car Show hosted by Northside Mustangs Car Club (see attached flyer)
Registration is from 9am-Noon with a registration fee of $25.00, Show time is from 9am until 3pm. There is no pre-registration. Registration will be on the day of the show. BE SURE TO NOTE ON THE REGISTRATION THAT YOU'RE WITH THE SALEEN CLUB SO THAT WE HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN THE CLUB PARTICIPATION AWARD!!
We will be awarding 1st and 2nd place in our classes. In addition Gullo will also be providing hot dogs and hamburgers for our guest!
- Post show chill down and dinner at BJ's Brewhouse

Sunday April 10
- Piney Woods Cruise
Always an awesome event, the backroads outside of Conroe are a Mustang-lovers paradise!
- Gullo Family Car Museum Tour
This is one of the coolest car collections in Texas, with the centerpiece being Mr. Gullo's awesome Saleen S7!! Be sure not to miss this! There are only a limited number of tickets available for this and I'll be sharing soon how to get your chance to win!

Host Hotel: La Quinta Woodlands North
28673 I-45 North,
The Woodlands, TX 77381
Phone: 1-281-367-7722
Rates: Dbl - $87.30 + tax, King $82.80 + tax
Group Code: Saleen Club of America
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12512794_1023126281066917_3194569989530260632_n.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	19666  

Old 04-03-2016
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Friends,
Just a few days away until the Gullo Ford Weekend!
Your event team has been busy working to make this another great one too.

Here's the latest update regarding the cruise from Gary:
Sunday Piney Woods Cruise & Lunch: 9:00-12:30
Meet at Texas Roadhouse parking lot at 9:00am, pass out route maps and discuss route. Leave by 9:30am
http://www.texasroadhouse.com/restauran ... xas/Conroe
Lunch:
Original Super Burger
20555 FM 1488 Rd # 1C Magnolia, TX 77355
(281) 259-8816
Super Burger is 3 minutes from Mr. Gullo's home.
Use the route from last year with the stops at that park and stuff. I will forward and also print the maps to hand out Sunday morning.

Note that there's still a few spots available for those that want to hang with us after lunch to visit the awesome Gullo Museum, but remember that spots are limited and you need to let me know in order to reserve your spot.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!
Old 04-07-2016
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Detailed Itinerary - Your Survival Guide to This Weekend!

Friday April 8

- 6 pm till ?? Welcome Bash at Mi Rancho's Mexican Grill and Bar

- 19189 Interstate 45 S, Shenandoah, TX 77385 (I-45 at Research Forest Drive)

Saturday April 9

- 9 am till 3 pm Gullo All-Ford Car Show hosted by Northside Mustangs Car Club (see attached flyer)

- 925 I-45 North, Conroe, TX 77301

- Registration is from 9am-Noon with a registration fee of $25.00, Show time is from 9am until 3pm. There is no pre-registration. Registration will be on the day of the show. BE SURE TO NOTE ON THE REGISTRATION THAT YOU'RE WITH THE SALEEN CLUB SO THAT WE HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN THE CLUB PARTICIPATION AWARD!!

We will be awarding 1st and 2nd place in our classes. In addition Gullo will also be providing hot dogs and hamburgers for our guest!

- Post show chill down at BJ's Brewhouse

- Portofino Shopping Center, 19075 IH-45 S #600, Shenandoah, TX 77385

- 6 pm Dinner at BJ's Brewhouse

Sunday April 10

- 9am - 1pm Piney Woods Cruise

- Always an awesome event, the backroads outside of Conroe are a Mustang-lovers paradise!

- Kickoff location will be at the Texas Roadhouse at 2230 Interstate 45 North, Conroe, TX 77301

- Come gassed up, bladders empty, and tires full of air! We'll depart promptly at 9:30.

- To stay in contact during the cruise, we'll be using the walkie-talkie app, Zello, on our phones. Download it and access the channel Saleen Club of America - Texas

- Noonish - Lunch!

- Original Super Burger, 20555 FM 1488 Rd # 1C Magnolia, TX 77355

- 1pm to 4 pm Gullo Family Car Museum Tour

- This is one of the coolest car collections in Texas, with the centerpiece being Mr. Gullo's awesome Saleen S7!! Be sure not to miss this!
Old 04-07-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I'm in for both days this year!!!

-Mikie
Old 04-09-2016
SOEC Member (Inactive)

After a great meet and greet last night, Day Two of Gullo Ford Weekend is about to begin!
Looks like the perfect weather day for the Gullo All-Ford Car Show!!
Be sure when you register to put down "Saleen Club" as your club affiliation, to help us win the Club Participation Award!
And don't forget to wear sunscreen!
Old 04-13-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Man, i was already to go. Car was looking good Saturday morning. I pulled it out of the garage, walked back into get my cooler, came back out and it started raining.

I pulled it right back in the garage and said oh well, maybe next year.