The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 03-20-2009
SOEC Member

Default Another watts link problem.(PICS)

Not a big deal but I had this very annoying squeak every time the rear moved up and down. So I got under the car and found this...

The driver side link where it attaches to the body, the bushing is pushed out and the link was rubbing on the brace.

Here's a pic of the passenger side with the bushing centered in the link

So I removed the driver side link and pressed the bushing back into the link and centered it. no noise and everything is good now. Has anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts/comments?
Old 03-20-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I have not had any issues with that. but seeing that im going to be with my car....(yes, my car and I are have an affair...LOL) I will have to get it up on the lift and take a look at it. I hope your fix to it is a permanent one.

QWKENUF
Craig
Old 03-21-2009
Account with Invalid Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
Not a big deal but I had this very annoying squeak every time the rear moved up and down. So I got under the car and found this...

So I removed the driver side link and pressed the bushing back into the link and centered it. no noise and everything is good now. Has anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts/comments?

Is this the post-TSB setup by chance or is it still the original setup on your PJ? If it's the post TSB setup, this may be the final reason to me buy the Techco Watts Link System then.
[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange][B]2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Super PJ #367[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]1971 Boss 351 Mustang[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]1970 Corvette Stingray Coupe[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][U]Previous Mustangs:[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]1969 Shelby GT-350[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]1970 Boss 302[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]1971 Mach 1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.musclecarsforever.com"][SIZE=3]http://www.musclecarsforever.com[/SIZE][/URL]
Old 03-22-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomstick33 View Post
Is this the post-TSB setup by chance or is it still the original setup on your PJ? If it's the post TSB setup, this may be the final reason to me buy the Techco Watts Link System then.
Yes the tsb/recall has been done on my PJ.

I saw first hand the techco watts, and it looks impressive!! Call them as they might still have a deal for saleen watts link owners looking to switch to the techco unit!

Last edited by USMC0341; 03-22-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

I have the Techco unit installed, a lil less noisy then the Saleen. I guestioned Billy from Techco on the set screw and about messing the threads up on both the bolt and cover if you had to pull out the bolt for some reason, he said they had not had any trouble yet. A few minutes later he did say they are up dating that bolt and set screw to a stud and nut,,,,, it must have been on there minds at least.
Old 03-22-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ#430 View Post
I have the Techco unit installed, a lil less noisy then the Saleen. I guestioned Billy from Techco on the set screw and about messing the threads up on both the bolt and cover if you had to pull out the bolt for some reason, he said they had not had any trouble yet. A few minutes later he did say they are up dating that bolt and set screw to a stud and nut,,,,, it must have been on there minds at least.
They told me at the show that they are getting away from a bolt on the pivot and going to a stud!
Old 03-24-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Has anyone seen the Steeda Watts link??
Old 03-24-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard347 View Post
Has anyone seen the Steeda Watts link??
This one?
Old 05-19-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Gents,

I have noticed some squeaking on my S281, which I recently had the Saleen Watts Link installed on. Can any of you comment on the attached pictures? Has something failed here? Or is this the normal setup, it appears to me the top joint is slipping off the attaced knob and is rubbing on the rear of the car causing the squeaking.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01154.JPG  

DSC01153.JPG  

DSC01155.JPG  

Old 05-19-2009
SOEC Member

Should look like this...
Attached Images

2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #384
1989 Saleen Hatchback #302
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350