The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 12-15-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM View Post
I understand where your coming from with the pricing, it isnt a cheap kit. But what you have to understand is we have a ton of cost and overhead into the kit. The price drop i was able to get is cutting down our profit margin to almost nothing. I will see if there is anyway i can get plugs included in the kit. Im not a fan of brisk plugs at all and will not sell them with our kit. I will only use autolite HTO's gapped at .030". I know they work great simply becasue there has only been 2 sets in our truck with over 60 K miles on them! the first set remained ungapped for about 20000 miles. Then we changed to a set gapped at .030" for nearly 40K miles now and have never had a single issue. That is with 13 psi boost, racing, race fuel, towing, and every day driving.

Please dont compare our kits on price the troyer kit does have a cheaper air intake setup making the price easier to work with. Ours is much more expensive and will handle over 500 RWHP!

JimIII

Understood and well said Jim. Have you had bad experiences with the Brisk plugs or do you just prefer the ones you are using because they are tried and true?

When is your beast going to make 500rwhp?! Thats what I want to see! I think that it is feasible with your kit and a stage II cam swap. Do you think the internals on these stock 3 valve engines will hold up to that kind of punishment (500rwhp) ? I am nominating you to be the one to see what what HP level these engines go boom....
Old 01-10-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisgt View Post
Jim 111

Thanks for taking the time to leave this post, personnaly I'm glad you did as I was just about to purchase the troyer kit as I couldn't justify the extra $800 for your kit over the troyer one. I agree your kit looks better and has a more quality look to it (just not $800) I await with interest your note regarding a reprice before I go ahead.

Ian (UK S331 07-222)

Thanks Ian and im glad you contacted me on our special group buy, ill contact you as soon as we are ready with 5 buyers!
Old 01-15-2009
SOEC Member

As of Monday, Jim says he has three of us interested in his group buy ... we only need two more and we could get his kit for $1,399 ... is there anyone else out there interested?

2008 S331 SC, Bumper #21
2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Coupe
1994 F150 Extended Cab, 4.9L, 5 spd
1966 Ford 7 Litre Convertible, 4spd, 428 V8
1966 Ford Country Squire, 390 V8
1966 Ford Custom, Original Washington State Patrol Car, "P Code" 428 V8
1965 Ford T-Bird Landau, 390 V8
1958 Edsel Corsair (Canadian built) 410 V8
Old 02-20-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Group Buy

Just got off the phone with JDM. I was told I am the third person interested in the group buy. Two more are still needed.
Old 02-23-2009
SOEC Member

THE GROUP BUY PRICE IS $1399 and that's if we have 5 buyers, i have 3 customers ready!
Old 02-24-2009

Jim,

Are there any fuel issues with the 3" pulley?

I read on F150online about the dual fuel pump setup and you all modifying a GT500 setup. At what level must that and injectors be done?
Old 02-24-2009

I have the 3" pulley and have not had any issues with fuel at all. From what I have heard from Mike Troyer it's not until you cross the 600hp mark that the stock fuel pump and injectors are not able to keep up.
Old 02-24-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_P_Harvey View Post
I have the 3" pulley and have not had any issues with fuel at all. From what I have heard from Mike Troyer it's not until you cross the 600hp mark that the stock fuel pump and injectors are not able to keep up.

I hope he meant at 600 HP to the engine because with our S331 we maxxed the fuel pump at 450 RWHP and the injectors at 480...we have made 491 on them but i dont suggest stressing it that much unless you plan for a motor.

JimIII
Old 02-24-2009

so....3" pulley and a 110.5" belt then?

Gates K061105
Old 02-24-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
so....3" pulley and a 110.5" belt then?

Gates K061105
Yup
Old 03-01-2009

I am definitely interested in upgrading my performance, however I am having a hard time deciding between JDM or TP. If you go strictly on reputation in the industry, then of course JDM wins. That being said, the level of both attention and information that I received from Mike whenever I inquired about his setup left me speechless; top notch to say the least. To be perfectly honest, I have had issues even getting responses from JDM on more than one occasion regarding part inquiries for these trucks. Additionally, when it comes down to it if both kits are making the same gains and neither offers any warranty coverage, why shouldn't I base my decision on price? Because one is prettier???

I also find it odd that JDM's kit would come with a Roush intake? If I wanted a Roush intake I would have purchased a Roush truck. It doesn't take $400 worth of R&D to bolt-on a part that someone else manufactured.

All quibbling aside, these kits seems to be nearly identical and everyone except for Mike and JimIII is willing to make that point. That being said, I have now seen a photo of the JDM kit, does anyone have a pic of the TP kit?
Old 03-01-2009

WC,

There is a picture of the Troyer kit installed at NHTOC.com...in the 2006-2008 forum. I will try to get a picture of mine tomorrow....weather premitting.

You are correct that both kits are putting up the same numbers. They do look different. The Troyer kit is a no frills, CAI with a polished stainless steel tube. The JDM kit does, indeed look more stock. It boils down to what you want your underside to look like and the level of effort you are willing to exert to install.

THe TP kit is $1200 now (If I am not mistaken). The JDM kit group buy is $1399. THe JDM kit does come with a new belt and more "parts." THe TP kit now comes with plugs....or thats what I am told.

The troyer kit does leave the "ears" where the stock air box bolts exposed. This does look a little strange, but it is an easy fix (will post pics if I get parts this week).
Old 03-02-2009

Hi folks, I'm afriad I no longer need the JDM kit as I have sold my truck, with me out Jim is now down to 2 people..... sorry I had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Ian
Old 03-06-2009

I guess that it doesn't matter if either kit voids the warranty seeing as all Saleen owners now have no warranty...

Can someone confirm the JDM group buy price? The SOEC email quotes it as being $1299.
Old 06-09-2009
SOEC Member

Finally got my Stage 1 kit from JDM and have it installed. Wow, what a difference !! The stumbling and hesitation at cold is GONE and when you hit the throttle, you can actually hear the supercharger and the performance is a big improvement !!

I am into having a car or truck as stock as possible, so to really make the engine compartment look "stock" I have had a new aluminum nameplate made to replace the one JDM supplies ... not that I wouldn’t be happy to let anyone know the kit is from JDM, but I could not resist making the engine compartment look stock. I modeled the nameplate after the one on my '03 Harley F150. Have included some photos below showing the install and the replacement vs. JDM name plate. I have a few additional nameplates I am planning to put up on eBay, so stay tuned if you are interested.

I know there have been a lot of posts based on the pros and cons for the JDM and Troyer kits, but my experience with JDM pre and post sale have been very positive. I’m sure the Troyer kit is great as well, just wanted that stock look.

Here are some pictres of the install ... the last photo is of the nameplate JDM delivers with the kit ... the first three are with my modified nameplate.

2008 S331 SC, Bumper #21
Old 06-09-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966-Galaxie View Post
Finally got my Stage 1 kit from JDM and have it installed. Wow, what a difference !! The stumbling and hesitation at cold is GONE and when you hit the throttle, you can actually hear the supercharger and the performance is a big improvement !!

I am into having a car or truck as stock as possible, so to really make the engine compartment look "stock" I have had a new aluminum nameplate made to replace the one JDM supplies ... not that I wouldn’t be happy to let anyone know the kit is from JDM, but I could not resist making the engine compartment look stock. I modeled the nameplate after the one on my '03 Harley F150. Have included some photos below showing the install and the replacement vs. JDM name plate. I have a few additional nameplates I am planning to put up on eBay, so stay tuned if you are interested.

I know there have been a lot of posts based on the pros and cons for the JDM and Troyer kits, but my experience with JDM pre and post sale have been very positive. I’m sure the Troyer kit is great as well, just wanted that stock look.

Here are some pictres of the install ... the last photo is of the nameplate JDM delivers with the kit ... the first three are with my modified nameplate.

That sticker looks really good in place there actually! I understand about wanting to keep a stock look and that is certainly what this kit provides along with some good power too! Glad to hear your enjoying the new setup and let me know if there is anything we can do further!

JimIII
Old 06-09-2009

man, that sticker looks awesome!.....question, would you be intersted in making those to sale to us forum guys? Those would look GREAT to use to cover those ugly a$$ seatbelt and warning stickers on our sun visors in the cab. My lightning had a similair sticker to that with the trucks build number made specifically to cover those but the company that mad ethem has dissappered sometime in the last 5 years. I would DEFINATELY be in to buy some and I am sure others would be as well!!!! Shoot me a pm if your intersted, I'll make it worth your while $$$
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

I ordered my Stage 1 kit from JDM just recently. Haven't been able to install it though. :/ 2 days before the kit arrived a deer ran out in front of me and smashed up my front end. Now I have to wait for the repairs which could take god knows how long! The suspense is killing me.
Old 08-04-2009
Suspended Account

Where did you get body part?? I got backed into in the driver side rear corner and the dealership cant find parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogun View Post
I ordered my Stage 1 kit from JDM just recently. Haven't been able to install it though. :/ 2 days before the kit arrived a deer ran out in front of me and smashed up my front end. Now I have to wait for the repairs which could take god knows how long! The suspense is killing me.
Old 08-04-2009
Administrator

If you haven't tried 800-888-8945 for your parts, that's a good place to start.

Also, Saleen Speedlab (saleencars84) on ebay also has parts, as does Found-A-Deal (horsepower1).

Some parts were liquidated in last summer's auctions, so they turn up from other sellers or on Craig's list.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 08-04-2009
Suspended Account

Thanks Jim!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
If you haven't tried 800-888-8945 for your parts, that's a good place to start.

Also, Saleen Speedlab (saleencars84) on ebay also has parts, as does Found-A-Deal (horsepower1).

Some parts were liquidated in last summer's auctions, so they turn up from other sellers or on Craig's list.
Old 09-09-2009

Well.... I am happy to say that yesterday I called JimIII@JDM and placed my order for my S331 SC JDM kit . I had previously only purchased the tuner upgrade which fixed the stumble and SC pulsing.
I Can't wait for the kit to arrive!. Thanks Jim for putting together the special package for me since I already had the tuner.
Autolite HTO's “.030”
New Custom JDM tune
3.20” supercharger pulley (8-9 psi)
Gates Belt
Air intake box
Air inlet tube
Inlet elbow
Power steering reservoir relocation bracket
Intercooler reservoir relocation bracket
Coolant hose and fitting
DVD instructions
Old 10-27-2009

Default 07/08 Saleen f150 (325 HRP Motor)

Hello, I'm new to the forum, looking for a 200/08 Saleen F150 truck with the smaller 325 HRP motor, not the 450 one? Prefer red paint. I appreciate you passing on the word, thxs. mark@agsieben.com
Old 10-28-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksieben View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum, looking for a 200/08 Saleen F150 truck with the smaller 325 HRP motor, not the 450 one? Prefer red paint. I appreciate you passing on the word, thxs. mark@agsieben.com

I just sent you an email from tech@teamjdm.com I happen to know of a Red Supercharged 450 truck for sale near me.

JimIII
Old 10-28-2009

Quote:

Good luck sir. Of the 396 made, I think only around 100 +/- were NA....and very few were red. Keep an eye on Ebay.
Old 11-07-2009

check your email boss
Old 11-09-2009

Default f150 325 HRP, not 450 one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM View Post
I just sent you an email from tech@teamjdm.com I happen to know of a Red Supercharged 450 truck for sale near me.

JimIII
Thxs. Jim, but I'm in the market for the 325 HRP motor, not the 450 one. I appreciate your efforts, you are a good man!
Old 11-09-2009

Thank you, I got your email, but I'm looking for a 325 HRP motor, not the 450 HRP. I appreciate your help and time.
Old 11-09-2009

Is that 100 made in 2007 and 2008, or 100 total in both years? 2 sold for $28k this summer with less than 5k miles. Both were red, 325 HRP on eBay. Another one went for $29k, gray with 325 HRP motor but didn't meet reserve. Guy wanted $32k for 14 miles on the odometer.

My feeling is this, low production, outstanding appearance makes this a strong buy at $28k with low miles.
Old 11-09-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Is that 100 made in 2007 and 2008, or 100 total in both years?
101 (NA) and 295 (SC) for 2007. The last count on the 2008 that I know about was 39 total.
Old 11-17-2009

Quote:
What do you know man.....one showed up. here ya go. If you get it do us all a favor and take those hideous chrome accents off the fenders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300367518560
Old 11-17-2009
SOEC Member

Nice S331....but those ugly chrome fender thingys have to go!!
Old 11-18-2009

Default f150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen190 View Post
What do you know man.....one showed up. here ya go. If you get it do us all a favor and take those hideous chrome accents off the fenders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300367518560
Thank you, I've been watching this one on ebay for over a month. The most its fetched is $18k and I'm sure the guy must have paid $18-22k range. Those Chrome accents belong on a Buick. Whats up with all that writing all over the windows. Flea market behavior.

Anyhow, thanks for looking out for me, I appreciate it.
Old 11-18-2009

no problem and glad you saw it....by the way, I emailed them a question and "per the salesman" those accents are magnetic and do come off.....I told him he needed to take them off and reshoot the pictures for the ebay listing hahaha .....sorry I couldnt resist , I had to know for myself so I asked them. i was hoping some idiot didnt ruin that truck and drill those in.
Old 01-15-2010

Default Install Videos on JDM website

I was just watching the install videos on the JDM website. April can't come soon enough. I am pumped about getting back to my truck and finally getting some time behind the wheel. Got the money set aside already for the stage 1 kit. I plan on getting that and the mosaleen idler set up haven't had a chance to measure the water pump pulley to see if thats correct or not; and probably the 4.56 gears (although I'm not going to even begin to attempt to install those myself). Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there about the vids.

Off topic but I've been seeing a few more than the usual s331's up on ebay. Sad to see people having (or choosing) to get rid of them already. I still love just looking at them, but then again I've only been able to put a few thousand miles on mine and I'm across the pond from her.
Old 01-15-2010

Default Saleen f150 (325 hrp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 331Dave325 View Post
I was just watching the install videos on the JDM website. April can't come soon enough. I am pumped about getting back to my truck and finally getting some time behind the wheel. Got the money set aside already for the stage 1 kit. I plan on getting that and the mosaleen idler set up haven't had a chance to measure the water pump pulley to see if thats correct or not; and probably the 4.56 gears (although I'm not going to even begin to attempt to install those myself). Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there about the vids.

Off topic but I've been seeing a few more than the usual s331's up on ebay. Sad to see people having (or choosing) to get rid of them already. I still love just looking at them, but then again I've only been able to put a few thousand miles on mine and I'm across the pond from her.
I just bought my first Saleen this week off ebay, # 26 (2007 F150) Red. Great looking and performing truck!
Old 01-15-2010

congrats, I got mine on ebay as well. Also, my first Saleen. I never considered them to be in my price range. I got mine for what I consider to be a steal at that time. I only wish I would have known about JDM at that point considering I bought the car in Jersey and drove it home. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time, for once!
Old 01-18-2010

Default Saleen f150 (325 hrp)

Thanks for the tip on downloading this performance site. I'm happy with the handling on the truck after I had it aligned, apparently these 23 inch mags are hard on the ball joints and the tread on the inside of the front tires wear a little bit if you don't keep an eye on them.

The braking seems okay, yet I don't have the optional upgarded brakes, but once new brakes are needed, I might upgrade the rotors and rubber brake lines like I did with my Cobra Mustang Convt. It's an in-expensive upgrade and improves matters well enough for my tastes.

As far as the engire performance, it does appear that it needs to breath a little better, so this kit makes sense.

Ok, keep in touch and let me know how your upgrades go later in the yeear.

2007 Saleen f150 # 26. Mark.
Old 01-23-2010

Default Your Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966-Galaxie View Post

Believe the photo at the end of the slideshow is your truck. Unless someone else has a red S331 with Saleen nameplates on their JDM kit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wWEXelrruM
Old 01-25-2010
Suspended Account

Anyone still interested in seeing about a group buy on the Stage 1 kit????
Old 01-26-2010
SOEC Member

Wow ... amazing what shows up on the internet ... yes this is definitely my truck. I guess everyone loves my cars. Had a 2003 Harley on eBay show up a few months ago with a photo of my Harley in the ad. Also, had my 1966 Country Squire show up in a bazaar photo being shot out of a battle ship as a 6,000 lb missile.

2008 S331 SC, Bumper #21
Old 08-03-2010
Suspended Account

Where can I buy a 3.2" pulley and the alternator bracket for my S331 supercharger project???
Old 08-04-2010
SOEC Member

You can get the 3.2 pulley on Ebay...they usually have quite a few listed. The alternator bracket, you may have to call Saleen Speedlab to see if they have it in the parts stock.
Old 08-04-2010
Suspended Account

How do I know which one to buy, most of them say 4.6l 3v on them and then the others say for mustangs. Which ones can I get?
Old 08-05-2010
SOEC Member

If you have a Saleen supercharger, all you need to know to get a pulley is which series charger you have. Mine had a 4 bolt pulley.
Old 08-18-2010
Suspended Account

How do I know what series it is, it came off a 2007 F150 and it has the 4 holes in it. What is the lowest pulley I should go with, to keep the bottom end together, Troyer says 3.2, JDM says 3.0????????
Old 08-18-2010
SOEC Member

My 2007 S331 has a Saleen Series VI integrated twin screw supercharger. Yours should be the same thing. I have a 3.2 pulley on mine right now, but I do have a 3.0 that I am going to put on after I get my wideband and Mosaleen idler installed. Then it will get tuned on the dyno.
Old 08-19-2010
Suspended Account

Where can I buy these pulleys?
Old 08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKleen View Post
Where can I buy these pulleys?
JDM
EBAY
Troyer Performance.

Apparently the ones Troyer sells has some wider grooves for gatorback belts.

I always run gates belts, so that didn't bother me much..

The Roush intake JDM uses for the stage 1 kit is top notch. I love the "factory" look to it.

Don't forget to get the MoSaleen Idler... It gives a lot more belt wrap.
Old 08-19-2010
SOEC Member

I got my 3.0 off Ebay and it came from Brenspeed. Stage 3 Motorsports has them, too.