The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 02-05-2009

Default anybody need tires?

so I went to get my front end re-aligned today and after going to 3 different places finally found a lpace with the ability and desire to do it. The other places said their machines could only accomodate up to a 20 ince wheel. So anyway , 3rd place said he will do it but not until I get the front tires replaced because they are TOAST on the inside and he said he wanted to make sure the alignment was true and he couldnt gaurantee that until new tires were on it. So I ordered new tires todays, got the Nitto's NT420s's for 194 a piece! A far cry from the 390 a piece for ours and according to the reviews these handle as well if not better than the g-force ta's tha are on ours. So, that being said, my rears are perfect with only 7k miles on them and even wear, anybody interested in buying them at a good price to save for when youhave to replace yours? if so send me a pm
Old 02-05-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Just curious, where did you get the 420's for $194....?
Old 02-05-2009

online at discountedwheelwarehouse.com.....click link below. discounttire.com had them as well but they are out of stock and they were $222 each. Didnt really like talking to the guys on the phone, they all had a very harsh spanish accent which kinda made me nervous abut ordering them b/c I was afraid the communication issue might cause a misunderstanding. But anyway, they said they would ship out friday morning and I should have them by thursday (coming from california to alabama ground ups.) I'll let you now whn I get then and if they are on the up an up.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ount_tires.cfm
Old 02-05-2009
Administrator

Tire Rack has a few options in a 305/40R23 that may be of interest...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...=5&RunFlat=All

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 02-05-2009

yeah I looked there too but really didnt trust any of those tires after reading the reviews on them. I'm not familiar with those general tires at all (the grabbers) but they were by far the best looking ones of the bunch. I just went with what im familiar with and that was the Nitto, mainly b/c thats what i ran on the lightning for 8 years with no problems. I feel comfortable with their performance and know what im getting from them. But at 390 a piece for ours...you'll almost consider running anything thats cheaper.
Old 02-05-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

If you click on the link that Jim D provided, the second tire option for $158 is what Saleen used on the late 07/early 08 S331s
Old 02-06-2009

anyone intersted in 2 for less than he price of one? Ill let these 2 rears go for 350 plus shipping. Like i said above, 7k miles on em with even wear,,,,what little there is. (my rear end was in alignment....just not the front)