The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 04-07-2007
Suspended Account

Default Issues

I just want to ask some of you all about the truck. What do you think about the transmission shifting. I know mine does a lot of what I call hunting. I all so used my cruise control and at 75 it was bad. I just wanted to put this out so maybe we could tell each other about what are trucks are doing.
Old 04-09-2007
Suspended Account

My trans also does a lot of fishing, especially when you are in and out of traffic. As far as the cruise goes, let me guess. When you try to cruise or set the cruise between 75 and 85, the supercharger tends to pulse, causing the truck to surge intermittently. If yours is doing something different, please inform us. Also, mine now has 6k on it, check the alignment. Anybody got any tips on getting the exhaust crud off the paint. Mine is white so it shows badly. I use good Meguires car wash and then use a small amount of Simple Green and then rewash and it seems to come off just fine, except where the heat is killing the paint.
Old 04-09-2007
Suspended Account

I have a black one and it shows there too. Just go to keep it clean. I feel they could have done something different there.
Old 04-10-2007
Saleen Forums Participant

I have a white S331 & I use a cleaner wax by Mcguires after I wash the truck it removes all black crud and exhaust discoloration from the paint... works great.
As well as my trucks supercharger gauge does bounce when cruise control is set on freeway speeds... Not necessarily when traveling on flat surfaces though.
Old 04-10-2007
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Exhaust

Thanks for heads up on the exhaust on the paint , Only have 31 miles on mine so far do to the weather (SNOW) Good weather is just around the corner I hope. HAULIN S331.
Old 04-15-2007
Suspended Account

hey i have #59 s331 and i have the same problems with supercharger on/off on cruise or just during higher speeds. also my truck is the one that cause the electrical recall for all. But i have a worse problem than that. My truck from dead start leaves real good but once you get to 4k rpm it shuts down(just about throws you into windshield) then comes right back. Also when i get to 1/4 tank left everytime you stomp gas it shuts off immediately then comes right back. My dealerships ask lost when it is time to work on it. My front end was out of line brand new but dealership couldn't allign it(???) tires too big ...LOL
Old 04-19-2007
Suspended Account

Is there a recall on the truck? I was not told about one. I have not seen any wearing on the front tires yet. But I well keep an eye on them. I am not sure what they did in the way of fuel pumps when they put on the S/C but it would be nice to know. May be I can find out. I do know that S/C cars do not like to run low on fuel. I was told to all ways make sure it had over a 1/4 tank of gas.
Old 10-17-2007

Default Brakes Squeak

Anyone having any issues with the 15 inch Saleen front brakes squeaking?
My front breaks squeek only at low speeds (around 1 to 2 mph) Such as driving through parking lots.
Saleen recommended the dealer turn front rotors down 1/1000 of an inch and scuff up the pads, but it didnt work. :(
Old 04-15-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathoga View Post
Anyone having any issues with the 15 inch Saleen front brakes squeaking?
My front breaks squeek only at low speeds (around 1 to 2 mph) Such as driving through parking lots.
Saleen recommended the dealer turn front rotors down 1/1000 of an inch and scuff up the pads, but it didnt work. :(
Not to light an old post back up, but I'm having this problem now as well. Never happens under hard braking, never happens at high speeds. Did you ever find a solid solution?
Old 04-15-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
hey i have #59 s331 and i have the same problems with supercharger on/off on cruise or just during higher speeds. also my truck is the one that cause the electrical recall for all. But i have a worse problem than that. My truck from dead start leaves real good but once you get to 4k rpm it shuts down(just about throws you into windshield) then comes right back. Also when i get to 1/4 tank left everytime you stomp gas it shuts off immediately then comes right back. My dealerships ask lost when it is time to work on it. My front end was out of line brand new but dealership couldn't allign it(???) tires too big ...LOL
I would make sure your intercooler pump is working correctly.
Old 04-15-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown331 View Post
Anybody got any tips on getting the exhaust crud off the paint. Mine is white so it shows badly. I use good Meguires car wash and then use a small amount of Simple Green and then rewash and it seems to come off just fine, except where the heat is killing the paint.
Try some Meguiars clearcoat body scrub

Here are some pictures to give you an idea on what can be done in less than 5 min

Old 04-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrydestroyer View Post
Not to light an old post back up, but I'm having this problem now as well. Never happens under hard braking, never happens at high speeds. Did you ever find a solid solution?
Saleen dealer turned the rotors down 1/1000th of an inch previously, which stopped squeaking for about 50 miles. So I complained again... so dealer requested all new parts from Saleen. Saleen sent all new front assembly to my local Saleen dealer. They replaced both Rotors, breaks and callipers under warranty.
No sqeaks now at all for some time...

Last edited by Kathoga; 04-20-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2008
Suspended Account

The issue with the on/off while at cruise rpm or cruise control is a known Saleen concern There is a Saleen Technical Service Bulletin to repair the issue.
It is a PCM reflash. I have reflashed numerous PCMs for this concern.
Jorge Lopez