The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 10-14-2009
SOEC Member

Default Super PJ on ebay?

I see the shaker hood but then he has a standard blower?? Is the scoop for show? license plate THREEO2 or something like that, wasn't this the twin turbo one that was up for sale a year or so ago?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item4ceb786fef
Old 10-14-2009
SOEC Member

this things a monster? what is it likely to go for, no doubt a lot of interest!
Old 10-15-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Looks like a Saleen blower with a straight inline CAI. The Shaker must be attached to the hood and non-functional. Why he didn't go with a Super Shaker is beyond me.
Super Shaker PJ #39 (RW 483HP / 464TQ)
'05 Thunderbird - Inca Gold 1 of 82
'03 Thunderbird - Torch Red
'13 BOSS 302 - School Bus Yellow
with Trackey Option & Seat Delete
Old 10-16-2009
Inactive Account

Ok, here is the link of the car shown with twin turbos (#285): http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/twin...nes-mustang/#9
This is the same car shown on ebay (#285) pictured in front of exactly the same house. What is the deal with this? I have sent the seller a question...

Also... if you look closely at under car picture on ebay you can see the oil feed lines for the turbos (blue fittings)... This is hilarious.
Previous Mustangs: 94 GT, 93 GT hatch, 70 w/ 302, 03 Mach 1, 98 GT vert, 86 GT w/ 460, 84 GT w/ 460, 93 LX w/ 460- all sold. Now I have PJ #440.
Old 10-16-2009
SOEC Member

That car must run like crazy with a twin turbo, Im guessin the guy selling it on ebay has no idea what it has.
Old 10-16-2009
SOEC Member

this is quite a diffrent picture than the one on ebay. look at the turbo inlet tube instead of that ram air style shown on ebay
Old 10-16-2009
SOEC Member

Old 10-17-2009
Inactive Account

Ok, so I got a response back from the seller on ebay:

That was my car. I did have twin tubos on my car, they were installed by Adrenaline Motorsports in Chatsworth, Ca. I decided that 800 RWHP was not such a great idea. I dont race, and I dont take it to the track. I also didnt want to spend the $10 a gallon on 110 octane, and run methanol to keep the fuel cool. I felt nervous driving the car because they were totally illegal in California, and I didnt want my car impounded by the police department. I decided to sell the turbo set up, and go with the Saleen Supercharger. Muscle Motors Performace of Canoga Park, Ca. installed the supercharger. The car is still very fast, and its legal. It also fits with my car, being a Saleen. So in essence, I blew $25,000 on a twin turbo setup because I didnt do the sensible thing. I got all caught up in horsepower, which I admit was not a wise decision. I also wasnt a good influence on my son, who will be driving next year.

So, could this be a legit story? Maybe... I would have at least taken new pictures so it didn't show the turbos under the car. I have sent him another question asking why he didn't go with the supershaker kit and if his scoop is attached to the hood.
Previous Mustangs: 94 GT, 93 GT hatch, 70 w/ 302, 03 Mach 1, 98 GT vert, 86 GT w/ 460, 84 GT w/ 460, 93 LX w/ 460- all sold. Now I have PJ #440.
Old 10-17-2009
SOEC Member

Intresting story, it makes sense not alot of sense but makes sense none the less
Old 10-17-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

800RWHP without changing the Clutch or tranny. Good thing he didn't race it and probably didn't get on it much if at all.
Super Shaker PJ #39 (RW 483HP / 464TQ)
'05 Thunderbird - Inca Gold 1 of 82
'03 Thunderbird - Torch Red
'13 BOSS 302 - School Bus Yellow
with Trackey Option & Seat Delete
Old 10-17-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLight460 View Post
I have sent him another question asking why he didn't go with the supershaker kit and if his scoop is attached to the hood.
I wonder why he would have the super shaker on with the turbo but not with the blower.