The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-28-2003
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default mods to 281 sc

Hello, I just changed the fuel pump, went to a 66 mm pulley, plugs and ripp kit all from chicane. Getting a dyno on Tues. 7-1 and I am a little heitant to open it up. Joe from Chicane suggested (highly) getting a dyno done before running wide open to check th a/f ratio. Any thoughts or experience on this.? Thanks Dean
Old 07-06-2003
Suspended Account

Let us know what you find out about this. The small throttle body and closed in cold air looks to be a quick place for improvement. Any ideas here? Will changes here necessitate a new flash for the chip? Also, what is the size of the pulley and how much can you change it and keep good performance?
Old 07-08-2003
Saleen Forums Registrant

Got a dyno done and running 17.1 up to 3500 rpm and then started to run richer the higher rpm's. 331 torque and only 272 hp at the rear. getting a prologic programmable chip as I write this. Had to get a Ford dealer to reflash to original gt settings so the shop could do his number and install the chip. Will keep updated
Old 07-09-2003
Suspended Account

Wow! That sounds weak for all that boost? With help on the CAI, extra boost, and a retune I would have expected 400 at the rear wheel.
Old 07-09-2003
Saleen Forums Registrant

hello all, just got the retune done and what a difference. Pulling 319 at the rear wheels and 354 of torque. A/F ratio is right around 12.1 across the full rpm range when wide open. Can really feel a diff. in perf. The chip Kauffman Motorsports use is call an autologic. They can program just about anything on the vehicle. Very impressive.
Old 07-09-2003
Saleen Forums Registrant

Jack, I don't think 400 at the rear wheels is realistic without building up the internals. Without a calculator handy, it would have to be pushing around 475 at the crank and that motor probably wouldn't stay together too long at those numbers. Those numbers would be nice though. The new cobra could handle those #'s Thanks Dean
Old 07-10-2003
Suspended Account

I was figuring 365 crank should be about 310 at rwhp. Crank the pulley up and put on a less restrictive cold air intake should certainly get more than 20hp or so. I would hope. Thanks
Old 07-10-2003
Saleen Forums Registrant

Hello Jack, I see what you meant. I didn't dyno the car before putting on the smaller pulley and the chicane ripp kit, but I have to believe the hp and torque was less than it is now. I don't believe the stock supercharged saleen is really 365, that would mean I only picked up 10 hp with the smaller pulley and the ripp kit as well as the custom tune with the autologic chip. I can honestly FEEL it when driving, a lot more guts know. Thanks for your reply. Dean