The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 07-16-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Seeking info: 2009 Racecraft / Saleen

I'm currently in the process of buying a 09 Racecraft that had added options installed by Saleen. The owner stated that the car doesn't have the Saleen bumper/serial numbers but that it is accepted by the Saleen Club of America.

I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm trying to determine:
1 - how do I confirm whether or not it is accepted by the Saleen Club of America and
2 - does that make this model more rare/sought after?

Below is a short description of what was posted in the classified add.

Only 57 of these cars were built by Saleen in 2009. It was the last of this body style. This car will not have any Saleen bumper or serial numbers. The car is accepted by the Saleen Club of America. Came with the engine upgrade and complete suspension package. At purchase I added 3.73 gears, powder coated wheels, 14" brakes, Super Shaker intake along with the 475hp upgrade from Saleen.

I appreciate any input you have and look forward to possibly joining the Saleen family when I pick the car up on the 31sth.
Old 07-16-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Saleen INC does not recognize it as a Saleen since it was produced by SPV/MJA/Revstone/whatevernametheywereusingatthetime and Steve was not part of those companies at that time..... I have the same 'issue' with my 2011 SPV... That being said, they are pretty cool cars, a friend of mine has one...

If your question is about the Saleen Club of America, you might want to post your question on the SCOA forum instead of here...
Old 07-16-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thanks for the information...now I'm getting a little nervous. It is an absolutely beautiful car that has both racecraft and saleen markings since it has the saleen ground effects and other components from saleen. I hope I didn't pay too much for the car. I found this description from ponyparts.com that simply adds to my confusion.

Ponyparts.com description:
The Saleen Racecraft 420S was a 2008 offering by Saleen Automotive based on that year’s Mustang GT. As opposed to other Saleen mods of the time, the 420S ditched a lot of the cosmetic flourishes and focused on finely tuning the vehicle’s performance. While the Saleen name has never been synonymous with subtlety, the 420S puts the driving experience ahead of the bells and whistles, resulting in a car that’s budget friendly without sacrificing thrills on the track.

Here's a picture of the car...only 15,000 miles with the super shaker intake, 3.73 gears...looks stunning...in my opinion..... Any thoughts on value?

photo 836dac06-2a98-435c-b4d0-7b079da7ad8f_zpsacsjmhsi.png
Old 07-16-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Sorry, no idea on value... I'm sure someone else can/will chime in on that.

Nice looking car, good luck with it!
Old 07-16-2015

Is this car in North Alabama?
2000 S281 #032, 1 of 1
Old 07-16-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

It is located in Birmingham, AL.
Old 07-16-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

The previous owner just sent over the appraisal that was done on the car...I have to say that I am impressed. It is 19 pages long and very, very thorough and provides a good appraised value. It isn't a Saleen, but in my opinion it is one beautiful looking ride. I'm looking very forward to picking it up and the 7 hour drive back to Hilton Head.
Old 07-16-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbright1328 View Post
It is located in Birmingham, AL.
I'm sorry, that was not correct. The car is located in Madison, AL just outside of Huntsville.
Old 07-16-2015
Administrator

Quote:
I'm currently in the process of buying a 09 Racecraft that had added options installed by Saleen. The owner stated that the car doesn't have the Saleen bumper/serial numbers but that it is accepted by the Saleen Club of America.

I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm trying to determine:
1 - how do I confirm whether or not it is accepted by the Saleen Club of America and
2 - does that make this model more rare/sought after?
Hi! Welcome to The Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org.

The Racecraft 420S was offered by ASC/Saleen as a value priced enthusiast vehicle. In 2008 this package helped to clear remaining 2008 Mustang GT pool chassis'. For 2009, most of the Mustangs produced by ASC/Saleen were Racecraft 420S editions.

1 - The vehicle is accepted by the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club. We have a forum dedicated to this model.
2 - 2009 model year marks the last year for Saleen, Inc. This version of the company went from 1992 - early 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk View Post
Saleen INC does not recognize it as a Saleen since it was produced by SPV/MJA/Revstone/whatevernametheywereusingatthetime and Steve was not part of those companies at that time..... I have the same 'issue' with my 2011 SPV... That being said, they are pretty cool cars, a friend of mine has one...
The 2010-2012 vehicles produced by MJ Acquisitions and Revstone are different animals. There are no available production records for these vehicles.

Vehicles produced by Saleen Autosport, Saleen Enterprises, Saleen Performance, Saleen Inc... from 1984-2009 are not a problem. I would not expect detailed records or history for a 2008-2009 Racecraft. This is an unserialized car and unserialized cars have limited historical support. Always the case.

Quote:
Thanks for the information...now I'm getting a little nervous. It is an absolutely beautiful car that has both racecraft and saleen markings since it has the saleen ground effects and other components from saleen. I hope I didn't pay too much for the car. I found this description from ponyparts.com that simply adds to my confusion.
For the 2009 Racecraft you are looking at. The body kit, wheels and SuperShaker are not factory features. A Racecraft was: Mustang GT, with Saleen Series VI supercharger, Racecraft suspension, 18" wheels, decal package and a few interior identifiers.

Attached are photos of a stock 2009 Racecraft.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Any more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
Is this car in North Alabama?

Holmes, any more info to offer? Do you know the car, etc?
Old 07-26-2015

Quote:
Holmes, any more info to offer? Do you know the car, etc?

I don't "know" the car, I only know of it. A few of my friends are familiar with it I believe.
2000 S281 #032, 1 of 1