The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 03-19-2012
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 00 Saleen sc pulley need help

Ok so I have been doing some research and found some info but still have questions... I have a 00 Saleen stock and I want to pulley it I was gunna get a pulley from pulley boys but what size should I get? I was looking for 8 to 10 lbs the motor has 20k on it so it should handle it pretty good but some other questions are what size injectors and MAF will I need? Also yesterday when driving it around it was a 85 degree day with no cool air in TN and the intercooler gauge was around 150 160 and today it was around 130 140 and it was a 82 degree day I don't know if the gauge is working sometimes and not others but are the temps gunna get a lot worse? So I guess me questions are

1. What size pulley?

2. What size injectors and maf

3. How bad is it gunna raise my inter cooler temps

4. What fuel pump? SVT focus or ford gt

5. Also what about a tune I have read mixed opinions? The tuner I will be using tuned my bosses 04 sc Saleen with a chip that plugs in the computer I think, I have a diablo predator that I had on my 03gt and when I had a check engine light on the Saleen I plugged it up and it read and erased the code, I called the tuner and he said he thinks he could download the stock tune onto the predator and tune it from there or in settings u can create a custom tune or he said last resort he could use a chip like on my bosses?
Old 03-20-2012
SOEC Member

if you look at peoples signatures, other than mine, you can see what combos most people are running and some of the numbers they are putting down with these combos.

I know a common option for a pulley is the 66mm, with a 75mm throttlebody. 90 mm Mass air sensor and 42 lb injectors.

However, it is most important to do something about the intercooler. Some replace it with an after-market unit, while some have had success in fabricating a plate to seal the gaps around the stock intercooler.

Upgrading the heat exchanger and getting a larger expansion tank appear to help as well. Others have used meth injection kits to lower the IC temps.

The retune, in my opinion, is a must. Even in stock config, most have found getting an after-market tune is better than stock. Definitly needed with upgrades such as pulley swap.

The first thing I bought was the IC... Guess it just depends on your budget on how much you want to do.