The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

View Poll Results: 2006-07 Owners: How important are the publication of production numbers to you?
Very important -- it's collectibility and value is one reason I bought a 2006-07 Saleen 91 67.91%
Moderately important -- I mostly just enjoy being an owner of a 2006-07 33 24.63%
Not very important -- I own a 2006-07 Saleen but what number my car is doesn't matter 5 3.73%
I own a PJ or a Heritage and I know where I am in the mix 10 7.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2008
Administrator

Default Saleen Production Numbers - Poll

Probably one of the most commonly-asked questions we get is "I have a 2006 (or 2007) and I'd like to see the production numbers so I know how many others are like mine."

Production numbers are also key when trying to establish a vehicle's value, and a value is pretty hard to quantify without knowing just how unique it is.

Now just so you understand, calculating and preparing the production numbers isn't as effortless as some of you might think, and Saleen Inc. has had a lot of projects on their plate -- so we do encourage you to be patient.

But if you'd like to know the instant we have them available, we suggest you subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Thread Tools" link above and selecting "Subscribe to this thread" -- it's that easy!

And if having production numbers is important to you -- or not -- please indicate so in the poll and we'll relay your sentiments to Saleen Inc.
Old 05-05-2008
Suspended Account

Default Poll numbers

I bought for several reasons including collectible value and always have loved mustangs! This is my fourth!
Old 07-25-2008
Administrator

We did want to post an update as we have had some great progress working with Saleen on this.

We have had some general figures for 2006 for about a month, but are still waiting again for Saleen to clarify a few of figures that are not complete in the database. So for now, these are unconfirmed, but will give you a pretty good idea as to the final figures:

3-Valve -- 688-700
SC -- 758-770
E -- 154
S7 -- 13
S7R -- 2

We'll have a Mustang coupe/convertible breakdown when these are all done, but it's about a 70%/30% mix.

Total Mustang production should be coming in at 1611 (+/- about a handful or two).

Again these are unconfirmed numbers and subject to change.

Last edited by Saleen Forums News; 07-25-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2008
SOEC Member

Any idea on how many 06 scenic roofs?
Old 07-25-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiles View Post
Any idea on how many 06 scenic roofs?
We'll try to find out. That was a pricey option, though it was widely recognized as something unique, I don't think it made mainstream until 2007 when some of the production challenges got worked out.
Old 07-26-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

I have an 06 Extreme, build 158. That would mean that Saleen skipped a few numbers making the extremes.
Old 07-26-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbas View Post
I have an 06 Extreme, build 158. That would mean that Saleen skipped a few numbers making the extremes.
Yes, they do at times not build some numbers... They NEVER build a #6 for example and have never built one since the first year Saleen.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 07-28-2008
Suspended Account

Default 2007 3valve w/scenic roof & wheel tire upgrade

I got in October 2007 and love it! Wish I knew an estimate of my production #s?
Old 08-04-2008
Suspended Account

Default Saleen numbering process

Are all numbers within the same series, meaning a PJ numbered 76 came imediately before an S281SC numbered 77? Or is PJ #76 within a separate PJ-only numbering series?
Old 08-04-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultamax View Post
Are all numbers within the same series, meaning a PJ numbered 76 came imediately before an S281SC numbered 77? Or is PJ #76 within a separate PJ-only numbering series?
S281 Supercharged car numbers are in the mix with 3-Valves.

Extremes have their own numbering.

The 500 PJ cars are numbered 1-501 (excluding 6, of course).

The exclusion of a number 6 car was originally an accident. As the story goes, late one night Liz was typing up car information sheets on their dining room table, and since she discovered the mistake after she finished (this was in the early years with a typewriter), Steve thought they'd start a tradition of not having a number 6.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 08-04-2008
Administrator

I think for 2008, Saleen Inc changed the process.

I believe all the major models are a separate line.

S281 3V has it's own numbering. The S281 S/Cs include the standard cars the Red Flag, and Patriot Edition. Then the S302 Es.

Lastly the Heritage lines are separate from each other. H302, H302 S/C, DG Edition.

I think. Could be wrong.
Old 08-05-2008

3V & S/C are together
Red Flag cars have there own numbering (08-0001RF)
I thought the Patriot Edition also had its own numbering....???
E cars have there own numbering
Each of the 100 red,white and blue DG cars are all together 1-301

And the H302's were together aswell it didn't matter if it was a N/A or S/C? I thought thats what a dealer I do alot of business with told me...

Old 08-05-2008
Administrator

Yes, for 2008 Marques McCammon said they'd expect to build no more than 500 (or was it 300?) of any Mustang model to make them exclusive, so obviously there's going to be more divisions starting in '08.

When I was talking previously, it was pertaining to the 2007 model year, so I only included those models available at that time -- with the exception of the S331, which I neglected to include since I think it's obvious they are separate (or maybe I plain forgot about them).

So '08 started a new ballgame... who knows what 2009 will hold.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-05-2008
Administrator

Default Serialization

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayne View Post
3V & S/C are together

And the H302's were together aswell it didn't matter if it was a N/A or S/C? I thought thats what a dealer I do alot of business with told me...
Eh. I could be wrong.

The thing with the Red Flag and Patriot Edition... they used the S281 S/C dash plate. If memory serves. So, lets say Saleen Inc announced 300 S/C (I don't remember) S281s for 2008. Then the dash plates said like "22/300." (Similar to the 2007 PJs.) If I recall correctly.

So, these low content S281 S/Cs were then placed within the standard S281 S/C build numbers. The difference being an "RF" on the bumper and an "RF" stamped on the firewall plate, I think.

I could be wrong, but Saleen Inc was doing the new pre-announcement of how many of each model they were going to produce for '08 last year.

Which almost solves the "how many did they make" issue. That's if Saleen Inc followed through with the announced numbers.

The DGs are separate, but then too... its a different model. An H281 S/C.

Anyway, could be wrong. Find some images of the serialization plates for an RF or PE and post 'em up, I/we like to learn here.
Old 08-06-2008
Administrator

Hmmm. In looking at an RF window sticker, not much stands out. Production number is given as normal "08-0065." RF is announced in the large header font. With 100 proposed... could have been a separate line. Hmmm.

The RFs were some of the early S281 S/Cs for 2008.

Too bad my memory fails.

Could be included in the S/C run or not... but now I wonder if they did 100. Since the ones they did make... sat. Did they cut bait.

Hmmm.
Old 08-06-2008

RF after the bumper number

Car #01 Patriot edition, a total of 24 being built with 8 of each red, white, and blue.

So unless they just numbered #01 just for PR, then they are using seprate numbers for the PE.

I have never seen on the regular S/C cars a dash plate with 50/300 as an example unless it was a specific model like the PJ. I will have to ask one dealer that I do alot of business with about that one.

Old 08-06-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
Yes, for 2008 Marques McCammon said they'd expect to build no more than 500 (or was it 300?) of any Mustang model to make them exclusive, so obviously there's going to be more divisions starting in '08.

When I was talking previously, it was pertaining to the 2007 model year, so I only included those models available at that time -- with the exception of the S331, which I neglected to include since I think it's obvious they are separate (or maybe I plain forgot about them).

So '08 started a new ballgame... who knows what 2009 will hold.
Thanks for the feedback. Works well for me since I'm starting my own 2007 list. Unless I am misreading, it may be awhile before we get a conclusive production count. I don't expect to produce a complete list on my own, but in any case it gives me something to do when I run across other '07s on the forums.

Btw, just what kinda ballpark are we talking for all S197s so far? Isn't the entire Saleen Mustang production run under 30k cars since day 1?
Old 08-06-2008
Administrator

Quote:
RF after the bumper number

Car #01 Patriot edition, a total of 24 being built with 8 of each red, white, and blue.

So unless they just numbered #01 just for PR, then they are using seprate numbers for the PE.

I have never seen on the regular S/C cars a dash plate with 50/300 as an example unless it was a specific model like the PJ. I will have to ask one dealer that I do alot of business with about that one.
The release photo for the American Flag wasn't real. Digitally altered stock photo.

They might not went through with the idea for 2008, but there was a plan of some kind.

I guess... take a look of a dash plate for an 2008 S281 and S281 S/C. To see if they did announce the build goal before hand.
Old 08-06-2008
SOEC Member

Production numbers are very important but also the $100.00 gift certificates they once gave out.It's been all down hill since they ran Steve out of town.SHAME SHAME it will show up in the future and bite them on the a-- just my opinion.
Old 08-06-2008
SOEC Member

Sometimes change is a good thing...sometimes not...I love my Saleen and the work Speedlab (Troy, MI) did was phenomenal...I think the new regime is getting close to a "standard" that will clearly define such things as production/bumper numbers and a much improved communication and merchandise/speedlab products...sometimes it takes some trial/error/testing the waters...hopefully the well is full soon!
Old 08-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The release photo for the American Flag wasn't real. Digitally altered stock photo.

They might not went through with the idea for 2008, but there was a plan of some kind.

I guess... take a look of a dash plate for an 2008 S281 and S281 S/C. To see if they did announce the build goal before hand.
It might have been that way like I said in my original post, but they only made 24 of them and I remembered seeing one that had a low number.

Last edited by awayne; 08-06-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-06-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
Sometimes change is a good thing...sometimes not...I love my Saleen and the work Speedlab (Troy, MI) did was phenomenal...I think the new regime is getting close to a "standard" that will clearly define such things as production/bumper numbers and a much improved communication and merchandise/speedlab products...sometimes it takes some trial/error/testing the waters...hopefully the well is full soon!
Don't get me wrong i love my s.c. but see things are changing of course i live on west coast and knew some of the people there and was sorry to see them go.I would buy an extreme if i could get one i could afford.
Old 08-12-2008
Administrator

Does anyone know who owns the Saleen with the last 8 digits of 65251905?

We need to locate this vehicle to help close out the 2006 production numbers.

It's a T82 Mustang coupe, T8 Tungsten in color with a 5-speed, but we don't know if it's an E, a 3-Valve or a Supercharged, and we don't know the bumper number.

Please PM us or have the owner call me at 714-369-8621.

Thank you!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-12-2008
SOEC Member

Welcome back...no Dream Cruise?? I will be at the Supershaker event on Friday and the Cruise on Saturday...thousands of cruisers from all over the world...last year I saw three S7's driving...
Old 08-12-2008

Quote:
Does anyone know who owns the Saleen with the last 8 digits of 65251905?

We need to locate this vehicle to help close out the 2006 production numbers.

It's a T82 Mustang coupe, T8 Tungsten in color with a 5-speed, but we don't know if it's an E, a 3-Valve or a Supercharged, and we don't know the bumper number.

Please PM us or have the owner call me at 714-369-8621.

Thank you!
Did you try carfax, or call the dealor where it was sold from yet? these should get you a report that tells what MVD it went through last, and can then tell you who it is registered to.....If it's not just sitting in someones inventory and never been titled then Ford has the location where it was first shipped to and they can tell you if it had been DX'ed out or not also.

This one car shouldn't hold up the whole thing though, seems as though some of the other years were off more than a car or two, seems to be part of saleen's charm.

If you had given the whole vin# I would have done a carfax myself.....

Last edited by mikebna; 08-12-2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added carfax info
Old 08-12-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebna View Post
Did you try carfax, or call the dealor where it was sold from yet? these should get you a report that tells what MVD it went through last, and can then tell you who it is registered to.....If it's not just sitting in someones inventory and never been titled then Ford has the location where it was first shipped to and they can tell you if it had been DX'ed out or not also.

This one car shouldn't hold up the whole thing though, seems as though some of the other years were off more than a car or two, seems to be part of saleen's charm.

If you had given the whole vin# I would have done a carfax myself.....
Thanks, Mike...

We don't know the dealer and we don't know the whole VIN without sifting through a pile of 52 boxes stored temporarily (since March) in a warehouse.

We'll follow your other leads, but I guess I was just looking for a needle in a haystack by posting the 8 digits... I'll try other approaches.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-12-2008

Quote:
Thanks, Mike...

We don't know the dealer and we don't know the whole VIN without sifting through a pile of 52 boxes stored temporarily (since March) in a warehouse.

We'll follow your other leads, but I guess I was just looking for a needle in a haystack by posting the 8 digits... I'll try other approaches.
Jim, carfax has no history on this car at all i entered the vin a couple of different ways with no results found....i double cked the vin against mine also....Hopefully you have the last 6 #'s right they are the most important ones ck out this web site-----VIN should be 1ZVFT82HX65251905 if its a coupe. Looks like it was never titled yet? The car is only 11 #'s away consecutively from mine if that helps.

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/s...te+saleenprice

mike

Last edited by mikebna; 08-13-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2008
SOEC Member

Jim,
try vin # 1zvft82h3 and your 6 numbers
Frank
Old 08-14-2008
SOEC Member

Jim,
1ZVFT82H365251905
Try it this way this is an 06 coupe with the last eight being the vin your trying to find.
Frank
P.S. : enjoyed the dinner with you & steve Saleen the other night.
Old 08-14-2008
Administrator

Unfortunately that's not helpful... there's a check digit in there with 30-some possibilities... we just need to find the car based on the last 8 digits... we're seeking other avenues, but appreciate the try.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-14-2008
SOEC Member

do you know what state it was sold from, I can help if in Texas, i have the txdot database

Jason VIlla
'06 SALEEN SC S281 # 464 white/black
'93 Jeep Wrangler 4:1 5.13s 36s
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 08-20-2008
Administrator

Quote:
AF/PE #170

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 08-21-2008

Quote:

Well that gives us the answer regarding the AF cars being thrown in the mix with the rest of the SC cars.

Old 09-12-2008
Administrator

Quote:
3V & S/C are together

Sometimes I forget how good I am.

Old 10-01-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
3V & S/C are together

Incorrect

The RF's and AF's are grouped in with the s/c's
07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
1 of 1 With Factory-Installed Scenic Roof
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 10-01-2008
SOEC Member

BTW - I can't vote for some reason, but obviously I have a PJ and know where I'm at...
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 10-01-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacettr View Post
BTW - I can't vote for some reason, but obviously I have a PJ and know where I'm at...
Hmmm. I can't recall if voting was turned off.
Old 12-07-2008
Administrator

Quote:
You neglected to tell us you were a SOEC member. That has now been fixed and you can vote.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 12-08-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
You neglected to tell us you were a SOEC member. That has now been fixed and you can vote.
Thank you and voted!

FWIW I own a PJ but I also voted that it is very important. I would love a new Saleen book to be published with my name and car/history in it...
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 12-08-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Thank you and voted!

FWIW I own a PJ but I also voted that it is very important. I would love a new Saleen book to be published with my name and car/history in it...
+1000000!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2009
SOEC Member

Excuse My Ignorance, What A Af And Rf Car?

Oh Yeah , Any Numbers Yet??

Jason VIlla
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 02-02-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-464 View Post
Excuse My Ignorance, What A Af And Rf Car?
They were limited models within the 2008 S281 S/C line. Built on the coupe body style. They were an entry-level S/C with limited standard content.

AF= American Flag: available in Red, White, or Blue, with red/white/blue stripes.

RF= Red Flag: available in Black or Alloy, with red stripes.

Quote:
Oh Yeah , Any Numbers Yet??
Depends on the year. Numbers are floating around, but SOEC will not stand behind them since we know cars are missing. A better way to state this is, there are VINs of vehicles that are S281s, but the content and exact model was not recorded and/or lost. Also, noted elsewhere... the custom paint S331 the Saleen family purchased in 2007 is missing from the F150 count.

Jess might have posted the numbers a few months ago in one of the SOEC threads. I vaguely remember.

So yes, numbers exist... only the sloppy will rush and publish them as fact. (As seen elsewhere on The Net.)
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Sometimes I forget how good I am.

that's a great idea. Wish they had done that in 06, i'd say it's the most popular question people ask me.

Jason VIlla
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 07-07-2009
Administrator

Quote:
that's a great idea. Wish they had done that in 06, i'd say it's the most popular question people ask me.
Right, but since Saleen, Inc did not build 500 S/C cars in 2008... the explanation is equally as hard.
Old 10-03-2009

Has anyone found out any more info on 2006 production numbers?
Old 10-04-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchaWave View Post
Has anyone found out any more info on 2006 production numbers?
Not really. There are still four(?) missing Saleen Mustangs that were serialized, but not recorded. Numbers where released, but they should be taken with a grain of salt.

Some have issued the idea of working backward from the amount of Mustang GTs Saleen, Inc ordered every model year during the S197 era. Though, Saleen, Inc did not use every Mustang chassis in addition to a few GTs coming out of dealer stock for Saleen conversion (if someone want a feature that simply was not part of the Saleen spec knockdown GTs, like a dark IUP dash).
Old 10-05-2009

So for now all I know is that my car is #750 built in 2006, but we don't even know how many cars were built? I guess wanting to know how many Convertibles, SC's, Tungsten Grey, etc is out of the question. Well, I guess when I have time I'll send my info to register my car w/ the forum. Every little bit helps.
Old 10-05-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchaWave View Post
So for now all I know is that my car is #750 built in 2006, but we don't even know how many cars were built? I guess wanting to know how many Convertibles, SC's, Tungsten Grey, etc is out of the question. Well, I guess when I have time I'll send my info to register my car w/ the forum. Every little bit helps.

As mentioned above, these are rough figures:

3-Valve -- 688-700
SC -- 758-770
E -- 154
S7 -- 13
S7R -- 2

A coupe/convertible breakdown is about a 70%/30% mix.

Total Mustang production should be coming in at 1617.

To get the breakdown of about where your car comes in, especially color-wise, you'd want to order a Letter of Authenticity which costs about $40 and you can get one by calling 800-888-8945, option 2. How accurate that will be may depend on if they've found the missing links.

Please let us know how you make out.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 10-05-2009

I actually did order it from Saleen, I should get it any day. I'll post the info if it has anything more than you have here. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009

Well, I have some answers about my car that may help answer alot of other questions some of you are having. Here is my answer from Saleen...

Saleen Mustang 06-750
Vehicle Manufacture date: December 7, 2005
Ship Date: January 25, 2006
The records indicate this is a Tungsten Grey exterior / Dark Charcoal interior Supercharged Convertible. Silver Graphics, Wheel & Tire Upgrade, HID Headlights & Chrome Wheels. The records also indicate that your particular Saleen is 1 of 12 with these exact colors and options. There were a total of 1633 S281's manufactured in 2006. Of the 1633 produced, 406 were convertibles, 37 which were Tungsten Grey. After verification, we have placed your name in the Saleen Owner's Registry.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by CatchaWave; 10-06-2009 at 08:29 PM.