The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-14-2009
Suspended Account

Question Q: SCT Power Flash SF3 on Saleen?

I just purchased a JLT CAI and SCT tuner for my 2006, but it appears that I cannot upload the new tune. Does anyone know if SCT has a fix for this? I can't reach them till Monday.
Old 09-06-2009
Administrator

How did your tuner issues go? Everything well? The problem?
Old 09-08-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
I just purchased a JLT CAI and SCT tuner for my 2006, but it appears that I cannot upload the new tune. Does anyone know if SCT has a fix for this? I can't reach them till Monday.
I certainly would like to hear the fix because I am about to order the same set up for my '05....thx
Old 09-11-2009
SOEC Member

Non-supercharged I assume. I can't remember if the N/A have the powerflash tune. I think they do and if so you will have to get the computer flashed back to stock and then install the SCT tune.
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggywigton View Post
Non-supercharged I assume. I can't remember if the N/A have the powerflash tune. I think they do and if so you will have to get the computer flashed back to stock and then install the SCT tune.
What needs to be done to get this computer flashed back? i was hoping to order this setup this morning...thx
Old 09-11-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

wow! Yes the NA has the performance tune from Saleen. The problem I had with mine is that Brenspeed thought it had the 435 kit instead of the 475 intake kit. Once they figured it out it was fine. I'm guessing you're going with JDM?
Old 09-11-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_saleen05 View Post
What needs to be done to get this computer flashed back? i was hoping to order this setup this morning...thx
Well you need to have the SCT and the tune installed already in the SCT, take it to the dealer and have it flashed back to stock and then install the SCT tune before you drive it home.
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggywigton View Post
Well you need to have the SCT and the tune installed already in the SCT, take it to the dealer and have it flashed back to stock and then install the SCT tune before you drive it home.
Great idea..
Old 09-12-2009
SOEC Member

FYI, when I bought my tune from JDM, Jim JR told me there is no need to go have the PCM flashed back to stock
Old 09-13-2009
SOEC Member

Default Don't get the PCM flashed to stock

You don't need to have the computer flashed to stock.

I too purchased the Saleen Extreme hard tube CAI and had my computer reflashed to get the correct Fuel/Air mixture.

JDM sent me a SCT Tuner which saves the Saleen Powerflash and then retuned the PCM for the new mods.

JDM asked specific questions to what your car has from gears to tranny...

It also adjust to your 200 mph speedo.

I followed the steps included in the kit and it was easy... I mean really easy.

Here is a link in the forum that has the CAI I purchased.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3799

Good Luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
REDFIRE 2005 #880

Last edited by 05 Saleen; 09-13-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: adding a link
Old 12-11-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

I know this is an old thread but, I'm wondering if things have changed since then.

I recently purchased an 05 Saleen. Its w/o SC. Its a 5-spd. Its 100% Saleen stock. The other day it popped the P035X code. I pulled the Ford TSB on this and, since there are no drivability issues, it recommends not changing any of the COPs and to reprogram the PCM. How would one go about doing this today, while maintaining the original Saleen tune. The car is 1 of 2 and I'd like to keep it as close to original as possible.

Thanks for your help!!
Kidd

Last edited by Kidd; 12-11-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Add additional info