The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-11-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Cold Air Intake Kit

I'm wanting to place a Cold Air Intake in my 07 Saleen S/C, There is a big difference between the Supercharged 4.6L Saleen engines and the regular GT 4.6L engines and I have yet to find one online. Does anyone have any ideas; or perhaps have already put a kit on their Saleen and can give me the website they bought it from?
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 08-11-2009
SOEC Member

I bought a saleen extreme cold air from TPS.
Old 08-11-2009
SOEC Member

get a supershaker...it's the coldest cai on the market
Old 08-13-2009
SOEC Member

I have the Saleen Ultimate Air Intake setup on my car....it does come with a new Mass Air unit also. And dont let the closed airfilter portion fuel you. Saleen spent alot of time on this design and it works pretty good on my 10 second 1/4 mile Saleen Supercharged stang. TeamJDM.com does the tuning for it spot on.

2006 Saleen 1534
11k miles ....5 speed..windveil blue.

My www.HotRodHarrys.com website

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 08-14-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

I have the Steeda CAI with the carbon elbow. I like the way it looks
Old 08-14-2009
SOEC Member

Thats real nice too ...some might have probs with that one clearing the alternator that is relocated when the Saleen Supercharger is on there. But that does looks like it has alot of clearance.

2006 Saleen 1534
11k miles ....5 speed..windveil blue.

My www.HotRodHarrys.com website

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 08-17-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Onetoughsoldier*** View Post
I'm wanting to place a Cold Air Intake in my 07 Saleen S/C, There is a big difference between the Supercharged 4.6L Saleen engines and the regular GT 4.6L engines and I have yet to find one online. Does anyone have any ideas; or perhaps have already put a kit on their Saleen and can give me the website they bought it from?
Thanks,
Shawn

The best kits available for a Saleen car as tested by Team JDM....

$599-Saleen 08+ Extreme air kit (Ultimate air intake)
700+ RWHP Capable

$459-TechCo 100mm cold air kit
550+ RWHP Capable w/ stock maf sensor

$299-Saleen 98mm cold air kit
480 RWHP Capable

$299-C&L 95mm cold air kit (requires 1/2" lower than stock motor mounts)
480+ RWHP Capable w/ stock maf sensor

$450-JDM air kit w/ 90mm Lightning MAF & Saleen 98mm Rubber inlet
480+ RWHP Capable

I like the TechCo and the Saleen Ultimate air intakes the most. Both fit excellent and perform even better!
Old 08-18-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM View Post
The best kits available for a Saleen car as tested by Team JDM....

$599-Saleen 08+ Extreme air kit (Ultimate air intake)
700+ RWHP Capable

$459-TechCo 100mm cold air kit
550+ RWHP Capable w/ stock maf sensor

$299-Saleen 98mm cold air kit
480 RWHP Capable

$299-C&L 95mm cold air kit (requires 1/2" lower than stock motor mounts)
480+ RWHP Capable w/ stock maf sensor

$450-JDM air kit w/ 90mm Lightning MAF & Saleen 98mm Rubber inlet
480+ RWHP Capable

I like the TechCo and the Saleen Ultimate air intakes the most. Both fit excellent and perform even better!
Have you ever worked with Steeda or JLT? What is the best one for a N/A Saleen out of all of these listed (in your opinion Jim) ?

Thx
Old 08-18-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_saleen05 View Post
Have you ever worked with Steeda or JLT? What is the best one for a N/A Saleen out of all of these listed (in your opinion Jim) ?

Thx

JLT Wont fit with the Saleen blower because of the position of the altenator.

The Steeda carbon fiber tube will not work either because of the same issue. The air box will fit with the stock or Saleen 98mm rubber inlet boot.

The WMS air kit is another great option, retails under $400 and will handle up to 480 RWHP with the stock sensor

Also Supershaker FTW!!!!
Old 08-18-2009
SOEC Member

Jim, out of curiosity, do you sell the SuperShaker kit for the SC cars? Also, what modification was made to allow it to work on the SC hood? (I want the Supershaker, but refuse to rid my car of the SC hood.)

PS: Sorry for the hijack. =P
#07-0062
Old 08-18-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinULose View Post
Jim, out of curiosity, do you sell the SuperShaker kit for the SC cars? Also, what modification was made to allow it to work on the SC hood? (I want the Supershaker, but refuse to rid my car of the SC hood.)

PS: Sorry for the hijack. =P

We sure do they are $1200 for the conversion kit and that includes everything you need to swap over. You send your PCM to Saleen or if you have or want an SCT xcal3 we can do the tune! The Supershaker is probably the highest flowing air kit for these cars, just be careful of heavy rain!

The power level capability on a Supershaker is around 550 RWHP on the stock MAF sensor. Check out this 08 Calif Special mustang we have running on the stock engine with one! http://teamjdmvideo.streetfire.net/r...e700970060.htm
Old 08-18-2009

Just to add my .02 cent to this thread.

Be very careful with any CAI kit intended for a GT. I found out the hard (and expensive) way that the one I had gotten didn't fit properly under the Saleen SC aluminum hood. Bent it pretty badly where the filter cone and housing sit when I shut the hood. So my $300 CAI install turned into a $1600 hood replacement. If you have an SC hood you need to get a CAI kit designed for the Saleen SC car, like those sold by JDM.
Old 08-19-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
We sure do they are $1200 for the conversion kit and that includes everything you need to swap over. You send your PCM to Saleen or if you have or want an SCT xcal3 we can do the tune! The Supershaker is probably the highest flowing air kit for these cars, just be careful of heavy rain!

The power level capability on a Supershaker is around 550 RWHP on the stock MAF sensor. Check out this 08 Calif Special mustang we have running on the stock engine with one! http://teamjdmvideo.streetfire.net/r...e700970060.htm
So I can run the stock Saleen SC hood with the $1200 kit? I just want to be certain that I can use the SC hood with the SuperShaker, otherwise, I am going to go with the TechCo hood.

My car has been caught in light rain 3 times. Other than that, I avoid rain at all costs. So that shouldn't be an issue.
#07-0062
Old 08-19-2009

Quote:
JLT Wont fit with the Saleen blower because of the position of the altenator.

The Steeda carbon fiber tube will not work either because of the same issue. The air box will fit with the stock or Saleen 98mm rubber inlet boot.

The WMS air kit is another great option, retails under $400 and will handle up to 480 RWHP with the stock sensor

Also Supershaker FTW!!!!
Any idea if the WMS needs to be re tuned? hp gains?
Any members here have this on there vehicle?
Old 08-19-2009

Quote:
So I can run the stock Saleen SC hood with the $1200 kit? I just want to be certain that I can use the SC hood with the SuperShaker, otherwise, I am going to go with the TechCo hood.

My car has been caught in light rain 3 times. Other than that, I avoid rain at all costs. So that shouldn't be an issue.
You'll have to cut a hole in the hood for the intake. Doing so on an aluminum hood could be tricky. Also, as I understand it, the Techco hood is not designed for the Supershaker (although it should be). Its airflow routing is designed for a "normal" intake position.
Old 08-19-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1039 View Post
You'll have to cut a hole in the hood for the intake. Doing so on an aluminum hood could be tricky. Also, as I understand it, the Techco hood is not designed for the Supershaker (although it should be). Its airflow routing is designed for a "normal" intake position.
I like the TechCo hood as is. I would skip the supershaker mod if it won't work with the SC hood. The SC hood has a little more rise to it than the regular GT hood. That's what I am worried about.
#07-0062
Old 08-19-2009

Quote:
I like the TechCo hood as is. I would skip the supershaker mod if it won't work with the SC hood. The SC hood has a little more rise to it than the regular GT hood. That's what I am worried about.
Yea good point, I haven't seen any pictures of a Supershaker install with an SC hood. The intake slots could be partially covered by the hood. That TechCo hood looks so good I'd be easily persuaded to go that route anyway.

Edit:
Actually, from another forum....

But I have no idea if that was with some modifications or not.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...z/DSC05744.jpg

Last edited by SC1039; 08-19-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2009

The supershaker fits the darkhorse with the SC hood and it looks like it does it with no problems. $1700 for the techco hood is a little pricey. Its a clean hood but if I saw someone with a supershaker and a nasty SC whine Id wet my panties
Old 08-19-2009
Administrator

Do any of the Dark Horse engine compartment photos reveal if a spacer was employed to lift the assembly? It was talked about, but I never heard or saw much on the matter in detail.

With the reorganization of Techco, I might not delay the idea of attaining a SMS 25 Concept hood. One never knows.
Old 08-20-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Do any of the Dark Horse engine compartment photos reveal if a spacer was employed to lift the assembly? It was talked about, but I never heard or saw much on the matter in detail.

With the reorganization of Techco, I might not delay the idea of attaining a SMS 25 Concept hood. One never knows.
That is exactly what I am talking about. I saw those pictures before the SuperShaker was ever released, and the rumor was there was a spacer being developed to allow the Shaker to sit above the SC hood's extra rise. I never heard anymore about it. Please let it be so that it will work with the SC hood.
#07-0062