The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos Photos and videos from events, shows, gatherings, race days, or other memories to share digitally.

Old 08-10-2008
Administrator

Default Atco, NJ 2008 - Wrap-up Thread

Not sure if I should start this thread here or the events section... since the even has passed... I'm going to place it here in the SOEC lobby.

Anyway... Atco is in the history books. Use this thread to post your photos, tell Atco stories, or some of your personal highlights.

My Top Five:
5: Seeing a great turnout of vehicles.
4: Watching Jim get the cars signed.
3: The 351 now has a scribble on the dash and watching it happen.
2: Listening to Tim's stories about his '85 'vert.
1: Sitting in the 89-0020R car.

Your Turn.
Old 08-10-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I was there, i had a Black 2002 convertible with a kenne bell supercharger #681. Stayed at the Hyatt place hotel in Mt Laurel. I know there was a couple other Saleen's that stayed there, if you reconize this message back.

I had a great time at the show on satuday (sadly i left around 1230 sunday because it was raining really hard) I had my car signed by Steve and i won two 1st place's in Best Interior and Best convertible 99-04 which was really cool since this was my first real car show.

It was awesome meeting everyone there and seeing all of the saleens, along with steve's new saleen project car.
Old 08-10-2008
SOEC Member

I only got there for Saturday as It looked too forbidding this morning in North Jersey to drive 2 hours. Had a great day yesterday...mets lots of great poeple, had Steve sign the car and a couple of other personal things, Plus.... the car won three awards...a top 10 Saleen, runner up in 99-04 Saleen 'vert (I believe to 02S-281's black car) and also was Liz Saleen's personal pick for Best Daily Driver (even had her autograph the trophy plaque which thrilled my wife since its personal summer daily driver). What a day! Nice to meet you all!!
Old 08-10-2008
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default Atco

My top 5
Seeing Steve and Liz
Meeeting alot of people from the fourums
It was alittle entertaining watching Dave run around
Seeing some Saleens I never say before like 88-43 ,91-73,Dave Brunno's dads car
Getting to drive my car to the show
Old 08-10-2008
Administrator

Default Saturday Atco Photos

A taste of the photos. Photos represent what could be edited in this short evening. I can place captions to each image after I sleep.

We'll do a gallery, some time.

Old 08-10-2008
Administrator

Old 08-10-2008
Administrator

Lastly... I know people have these. Feel free to post your "signature photos."

Example:
Old 08-11-2008
SOEC Member

Great Turn ouT!!!!
(6/2005) Purchased 05 Saleen #1004 Windveil Blue from Galpin (9/2006) 14" Saleen Brakes, (7/2007) 475hp Supercharger, Guages, Watts Link Suspension, (10/2007) Rear Slotted Rotors, (2/2008) 19" TSW Wheels (Hypersilver), (1/2009) Super Shaker. (4/2012) Back to 20" Saleen Wheels

(10/2007 Morning) 414 RWHP 403 RWTQ w/ Stock Saleen SC Tune w/o Super Shaker (Sold 2/11/2018)

01 Saleen #629 (NA) True Blue (Sold 6/15/07)

SOEC#2092
SOEC#2129

Quick Video http://youtu.be/gkiCgwzJTFE
Old 08-11-2008
Administrator

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing the great cars, and finally putting faces to the many names of people we've met or heard about online over the years.

Steve Wolcott and Lisa Bodrey and the great team at NMRA were fabulous! And Melissa and Sharon and the people at the NMRA's PowerMall really helped make Steve and I feel at home as we dodged the storm during an autograph session on Sunday.

Hard to believe it's been 20 years for Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, and it was great to take part in this anniversary with Evan Smith and the others who have contributed to this great publication over the years.

And I finally got to meet the great guys at JDM.

It was really nice to meet new people, too, who drove many miles after hearing Steve was going to be at Atco.

Both Steve and Liz really enjoyed visiting with the enthusiasts and seeing the great Saleens, and it was neat to see Steve grin as he sat in the great race cars and truck that msper, jcm (The Beast) and Doug Boring (the Sportruck) brought out. Steve and Liz were also were very surprised and pleased at the turnout for the SOEC/Saleen Locating Service dinner in their honor, and I think we all enjoyed the neat stories Steve had to tell and the hints at what the future holds for SMS.

Many thanks go to Greg Wackett of the Saleen Locating Service for his support in organizing the dinner.

The attention that the SMS 25 car got by spectators was amazing! For Sunday's autograph session, Steve drove it over to the PowerMall and I followed him in my rental with the posters, and it seemed everyone stopped in their tracks and gazed as it drove by.

Other memorable moments include:

- Finally meeting Dave in person.
- Seeing Tim Cronin show his scrapbook to Liz, and watching her backing-up a page to tell him how she remembered typing up his Saleen paperwork on a pay-by-the-minute typewriter at the library with Molly sitting next to her in a stroller.
- Getting my picture taken with Melissa and Steve.
- Escaping from the rain in Betsy and Rudy Beyer's motorhome with Steve and Liz and the other Sunday die-hards, and then playing 20 questions about Saleen factoids (and then seeing Steve and Liz sometimes contradict each other).
- Finally being able to leave the airport, checking in to my hotel (with working Internet) and getting dinner at 10:30 p.m.

I'll certainly recap some more after I get out of this hotel in Philly and eventually get home to California -- flights got canceled because of the storm.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 08-11-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

I really have to say the show was GREAT!!!......Everyone involved with organizing, especially Jim, Greg and Dave did a FANTASTIC job....I did not envy Jim...every time I saw him, he was in fifth gear non stop...he really kept things controlled and organized. The dinner was something I will never forget....Steve and Liz are such nice people....I felt like I was talking to friends that I have known for years.

I saw alot of great cars and met alot of nice people a was finally able to put a face with a voice with many friends.

I look forward to the next event....GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!
Old 08-11-2008

I was there with 01-0311 (the white speedster a picture is above) I almost took the tonneau cover but I am overly glad I didn't. When I was leaving for OHIO on SUN. I had to drive thru 4 storms, one of which HAILED ACORN SIZE HAIL FOR 25-30 MIN. This car won no awards but I can understand why. This has been 52,000 miles "daily driven" since new (this means the only car owned and driven in all weather and parked in all parking lots) I am working hard now to get my ducks in a row to get this car back to where it once was and should still be. My main goal was ths signature since it has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. Now after the hail I have a little more on my plate, but I will have it in show condition as my wallet permits.

Minus the "me getting off work on friday at 10:30pm and driving non-stop to arrive right at open on Saturday and the HAIL I had to go thru to get home" this was an awesome expierence. I enjoyed seeing you all there.
Old 08-11-2008
SOEC Member

It was a great time! I just wish I could have spent time at the show area. Saturday was True Street class for me and Sunday was Super Stang in the early morning before the rain came. I left before that....Cant wait till the next event!

2006 Saleen 1534
11k miles ....5 speed..windveil blue.

My www.HotRodHarrys.com website

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 08-11-2008
Administrator

Default Also...

Props go to the Beyer's for preparing the area, tent setup, and producing an Atco Flyer.
Old 08-11-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenSpeedster0311 View Post
Minus the "me getting off work on friday at 10:30pm and driving non-stop to arrive right at open on Saturday and the HAIL I had to go thru to get home" this was an awesome expierence. I enjoyed seeing you all there.
PM sent.........................
Old 08-11-2008
SOEC Member

I'm not sure who it was who was taking the pics with Liz as she walked around, but I think she got a nice shot or two of me accepting the Best Daily Driver plaque from Liz. If its possible could you post that or email it to me? My wife and I would love to have that for the scrapbook! Can anybody help? My email is stephen.flynn8@verizon.net Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-11-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpony281 View Post
I'm not sure who it was who was taking the pics with Liz as she walked around, but I think she got a nice shot or two of me accepting the Best Daily Driver plaque from Liz. If its possible could you post that or email it to me? My wife and I would love to have that for the scrapbook! Can anybody help? My email is stephen.flynn8@verizon.net Thanks in advance!!
Sounds like Betsy... try betsyb@soec.org or PM forum member travcar.
Old 08-11-2008

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by msper View Post
I really have to say the show was GREAT!!!......Everyone involved with organizing, especially Jim, Greg and Dave did a FANTASTIC job....I did not envy Jim...every time I saw him, he was in fifth gear non stop...he really kept things controlled and organized. The dinner was something I will never forget....Steve and Liz are such nice people....I felt like I was talking to friends that I have known for years.

I saw alot of great cars and met alot of nice people a was finally able to put a face with a voice with many friends.

I look forward to the next event....GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!
+1
Could of not said it better myself. And yes, i also had a GREAT time. Nice meeting everyone.

Last edited by Dave; 08-11-2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 08-12-2008
SOEC Member

Excellent show! I was ecstatic to meet Liz and Steve and had a great time seeing so many cars together.

I thought it was very classy of Jim D to extend the dinner invitation to the SCOA as well. Jim....you did a great job with the event! Thanks to everyone that put in all the hard work to make it a success.

Here are some pictures I took of the event:

http://videos.streetfire.net/album/A...st_1298290.htm

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 08-13-2008
Administrator

Default Atco Show Results

NMRA Atco, New Jersey - Car Show Results
http://www.nmraracing.com/showresults/event5.php
Old 08-13-2008

i see my name on the list hehe

David VanDeMark..... didn't make it out sunday cause of the raiiinnnnn

Anyone in here reconize me? 02 saleen convertible black w/kenne bell sc #681. I also stayed at the Hyatt Place hotel. Saw a couple other saleens there but didn't get their name's..... hoping to see them on here.
Old 08-13-2008
Saleen Forums Registrant

all i can say is wow !!!!!
great event, great people and touch of class administrator
i had a wonderful time, met wonderful people and had a great dinner that evening
this event will live on in my memory for years to come
thanks to all that organized it and thanks to all the saleen owners for showing up

sam
pj--#038
Attached Thumbnails
saleen show etc 034.jpg  

saleen show etc 035.jpg  

saleen show etc 063.jpg  

saleen show etc 030.jpg  

saleen show etc 069.jpg  

Old 08-13-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02S281 View Post
i see my name on the list hehe

David VanDeMark..... didn't make it out sunday cause of the raiiinnnnn

Anyone in here reconize me? 02 saleen convertible black w/kenne bell sc #681. I also stayed at the Hyatt Place hotel. Saw a couple other saleens there but didn't get their name's..... hoping to see them on here.
Yep.....I recognize you! You represented 2002 black supercharged speedsters well at the car show! Congrats!

I had your twin car parked a couple of spots down. Glad to hear you missed the rain.......others weren't so lucky.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
TorkTech Intake
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
Old 08-13-2008

Hey man! I remember you too. Yeah i was heading there around 12ish when it started to downpour and i was like yeahhhhh, ill turn around and just go home.

Oh and i put my chrome inserts on my rear bumper, definitely a great touch. Where were you from again?
Old 08-13-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Describe the Saleens you saw at the hotel. We could/can probably connect the dots...
Old 08-14-2008

there was a new Saleen..... Yellow that parked right next to me. He was an older gentleman from Albany Area NY and a 01 red saleen convertible and those two guys were from PA. Nice guys awesome to chat with, i was going to tell them my name on the forum's i was a member of but they left sunday morning to go to the show and by the time i went to the show it started to rain real hard so i turned around and never go to talk to them.
Old 08-14-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Hey man! I remember you too. Yeah i was heading there around 12ish when it started to downpour and i was like yeahhhhh, ill turn around and just go home.

Oh and i put my chrome inserts on my rear bumper, definitely a great touch. Where were you from again?
I'm from down in maryland. Yeah...I love the chrome inserts on the bumper.

Any more mods planned for your car?

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
TorkTech Intake
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Old 08-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
I'm from down in maryland. Yeah...I love the chrome inserts on the bumper.

Any more mods planned for your car?

Oh yeah thats right. Yeah they deff look sexy with them.
mmm so much to do haha, rebuild the bottom end, new heads so i can run 16psi of boost. New suspension, lots of little things. Aluminum radiator, bigger intercooler, the list goes on and on and on hahaha.

Did you get that flyer about another saleen car show in NJ in October i think it is.
Old 08-14-2008
Administrator

We had 23 Saleens pre-registered through SOEC (out of about 40 pre-registered, including 6 independents). We've been told about 13 came in day-of-show, many of who were welcomed and parked with us. I just got word from NMRA that the total number Saleens in the car show area was about 53. This does not include race-only cars.

Word has it from a local who attended the event last year that only 6 Saleens were in the show, so it's safe to say our hard work in promoting the event paid off, and certainly having Steve come really brought people from a distance.

We'll post the names of the SOEC club trophy winners as soon as Betsy catches her breath, but here are the NMRA results: http://www.nmradigital.com/showresults/event5.php (scroll down a little bit).

We also signed-up quite a few new members at the SOEC/SMS/Techco booth (hard to see behind that crowd of people looking at the SMS 25 in the one photo).

We're certainly glad to have seen so many new faces, as well as being able to associate faces with the names that we've seen online for so long.

Thanks again to all who came out!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-14-2008
Administrator

Good job!
Old 08-14-2008
Administrator

Quote:
there was a new Saleen..... Yellow that parked right next to me. He was an older gentleman from Albany Area NY and a 01 red saleen convertible and those two guys were from PA. Nice guys awesome to chat with, i was going to tell them my name on the forum's i was a member of but they left sunday morning to go to the show and by the time i went to the show it started to rain real hard so i turned around and never go to talk to them.
Forum member navysaleen is the red 2001.

I heard the gentleman with the yellow S197 (bumper # 551) out of NY was a nice dude. Maybe Jim can figure this one out.

Last edited by Dave; 08-14-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added serial number for the yellow Saleen.
Old 08-14-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Forum member navysaleen is the red 2001.

I heard the gentleman with the yellow S197 (bumper # 551) out of NY was a nice dude. Maybe Jim can figure this one out.
Very nice guy..... he was transplanted from North Carolina. Just put the blower upgrade on that car.
Old 08-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpony281 View Post
Very nice guy..... he was transplanted from North Carolina. Just put the blower upgrade on that car.
Yup thats right, i remember him saying he was from NC cause i told him i was moving down there next year haha

Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Old 08-15-2008
Administrator

That was SOEC/forum member Vance Night, 06-551 S281 Supercharged Screaming Yellow Coupe -- very nice guy -- he joined us for the dinner also.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-17-2008

Just wanted to say i had a great time as well. it was my 2nd event with your club and it was awesome. i had the red 281 coupe #232 (if you cant tell my my name) park at the very end. everyone i talked to seemed really nice and meeting steve was a so cool.
Old 08-17-2008
Administrator

Welcome to the forums! Glad you had a good time!

Old 08-17-2008

Here are some pics my g/f took and editted..She took like 350 that day!
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2008

But most importantly, the whole reason I drove 8 1/2 hours straight after a 10 hour work day to be here for....
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2008
Administrator

Curtis,

It was great to meet you and Ana -- I didn't realize she was taking so many photos -- thank you both for sharing!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-18-2008
Administrator

Wow, great photos! I 2nd Jim.

Love the dramatic clouds.
Old 08-18-2008

I just want to say that it was a very classey thing that Jim D. did by bring Steve over to the SCOA area to sign cars first thing on Sunday. Having Steve there to sign my car was one of the main reasons I went to the show and Jim came through. So a big thanks to you Jim.
Black 89 Saleen #05. 345 horsepower FRPP motor, Holley Systemax, 6 spd tranny, Chrome Saleens 18x9/10's, 3.73's. 288 rwhp, 297 rwtq.
Old 08-18-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen8905 View Post
I just want to say that it was a very classey thing that Jim D. did by bring Steve over to the SCOA area to sign cars first thing on Sunday. Having Steve there to sign my car was one of the main reasons I went to the show and Jim came through. So a big thanks to you Jim.
Glad to help out, Thom!

We were overwhelmed with cars to sign on Saturday and had a limited amount of time in Steve's schedule. I hope we got everyone, and I apologize if we didn't.

I had anticipated that both rows of Saleens would be parked face-to-face, as that is what I had discussed with NMRA, but somehow it didn't happen and it made getting to all of the Saleens a little difficult.

But hopefully everyone got something signed by Steve, if not a poster then something special they may have brought with them.

I saw an awful lot of car parts, magazines, window stickers and visors being signed.

Steve really enjoyed himself and the great turnout of Saleens... both he and Liz had a great time, so it's fabulous that everyone made it out to the event!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-22-2008
Administrator

Any of you who would like to submit a few lines telling about your weekend, meeting Steve, meeting other Enthusiasts, or if you have some special photos to share -- or both -- please e-mail them to me, jimd@soec.org, for an Atco feature we're working on.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-22-2008
SOEC Member

Thumbs up

JIM D thanks to you and the SOEC for a wonderful event, I had a great time. It was my pleasure meeting you and Steve. I had Steve sign my 88 #0664 (white, w/gray accents next to Steves' old black race car), which I campaigned in the true street race, according to Steve his signature will drop 2 sec. of my drag strip E.T.s.
Old 08-22-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
JIM D thanks to you and the SOEC for a wonderful event, I had a great time. It was my pleasure meeting you and Steve. I had Steve sign my 88 #0664 (white, w/gray accents next to Steves' old black race car), which I campaigned in the true street race, according to Steve his signature will drop 2 sec. of my drag strip E.T.s.
Hi there "Whiskey." Welcome to the forum!

Yes, Jim's the best!

It was neat to see a Saleen vehicle that was involved with motorsports events for most of its life.

I'll email you Tom Lear's contact info. He's the gentleman with a few spare parts leftover after selling his '88.
Old 08-22-2008
SOEC Member

Thanks Dave, It was a pleasure meeting and speaking with you. Awaiting your e-mail, I also will submit something regarding the Saleen Alley-Modifieds thread. Thanks again.
Old 08-22-2008
SOEC Member

Steve Saleen talked with me about a new motor and supercharger abit. I cant wait for that I told him! Then he signed my dash too there!

2006 Saleen 1534

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 08-23-2008
Administrator

Lookin' good HotRod!

Here's a photo of Whisky's '88.

Old 08-24-2008
SOEC Member

Thanks Dave! I was in Saleen heaven there when I got to check the cars out. Racing keeps one too busy though to enjoy and soak the event all in.

2006 Saleen 1534

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 08-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Andre, it was a pleasure meeting you, too, and I'm glad you enjoyed the day!

So tell me... with Steve's signature, did you really drop 2 seconds?

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-25-2008
SOEC Member

Jim I will let you know after my next outing at Englishtown Raceway, big Ford event coming up..lol. Maybe I'll run into or against HotrodHarry.
Dave, Thanks for posting the picture.