The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Southwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Southwest Topics for events and get-togethers in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico & Hawaii.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009
Banned

Default SaleenFest 2009 - Long Beach, CA - Sept. 20, 2009

Hello Saleen Friends,

GREAT NEWS! In June, the new owners of Saleen started talks with Beach Cities Mustang Club to continue with SaleenFest.. Many of you were at the Queen Mary show last year, where SaleenFest joined forces with Mustangs at the Queen Mary. SaleenFest is the official continuation of many years of great shows at Saleen HQ in Irvine, CA.

Last week, Saleen confirmed their participation as a title sponsor of the show! They are excited to have this venue to continue the annual corporate show.

This week, BCMC mailed out 1500 invites, including about 100 Saleen owners from our past 13 years of shows.

Saleen will once again be hosting the Meet, Greet & Park party/meal the day before the event. Saleen CEO Mike Shields will be on hand at both the party and the show, and is excited to meet the owners. They have confirmed that the 2010 Saleen 435 will be there. (The 435 is basically their Racecraft level replacement - the big guns will be unveiled at the SEMA show later this year!)

Anyway, I'll attach the SaleenFest flier. It includes 10 Saleen Classes that can be expanded if needed.

For more information about Mustangs at the Queen Mary/SaleenFest, including online registration (discounted until Monday), host hotel, Sat. Party RSVP and everything else, visit our Queen Mary Webpage

An official press release from Saleen to follow shortly.

Here is a link to the SaleenFest supplemental flier. You'll still need to fill out a Mustangs at the Queen Mary entry (if doing this online, simply choose class 77).

SaleenFest Flier - 9/20/09

5th Annual Annual SaleenFest Meet, Greet & Park Flier - 9/19/09

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jon@bcmc.net.

Real quick... Webmaster, since this is an official Saleen show, could you please do a 'sticky' on it? Thanks for your support of everything Saleen!

See ya at the show!
Jon Schultz
Director,
Mustangs at the Queen Mary 13 / SaleenFest 2009

Last edited by Mach1Fun; 08-31-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Merge Posts
Old 09-09-2009
Banned

Official Saleen Press Release: 13th Annual Saleen Show/SaleenFest at the Queen Mary!

Hey guys

Here is the official press release from Saleen and the Beach Cities Mustang Club.

Are you registered for the show? Come be a part of the long running tradition of Saleen Car shows.

Sunday, Sept 20, 2009 is the show date. A Meet & Greet with CEO Mike Shields, for registered participants, will take place the evening before and will include dinner and a Q&A with Shields. '

We are at almost 300 cars! We are offering a discount extension to Saleen owners through the weekend.

See ya at the Queen Mary on Sept 19 & 20!

Jon Schultz
Mustangs at the Queen Mary 13 / SaleenFest 2009
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Saleen Sponsorship Announcement - Final Final.pdf (41.6 KB, 423 views)
Old 09-10-2009
Administrator

Looks like a great event, Jon! Great opportunity to meet M. Shields and spy the 435S.

What is Courtney Hanson up to? Last I knew she dabbled in television and was a featured celebrity guest on the regional custom car show circuit.

One February day a few years ago... I spent like 8 hours, or something, on a canvasing campaign for a mayoral race. Once this finished for the day... I then ran for a bite to eat... then ran to a book store to purchase a then current auto mag with CH featured, but they did not have it! So, I than ran to another store... ...then ran to her last Saturday signing... finally it was then framed, matted, boxed and shipped to Jim as a "gag gift" within a few days. Humorous since he present me with a signed CH 8x10 a few weeks/months prior to the event. Good times and dork humor.

So, when I think of Courtney Hanson, I think of the cold day I ran around town.
Old 09-13-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Is it to late to register? I might be able to make it.
Old 09-13-2009
Administrator

Excellent question. Did Jon announce when the registration cut-off is? Looks like two weeks ago on Monday was when the discount registration ended.
Old 09-13-2009
Banned

Cool Still time to Register! Link Closes Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05-0026 View Post
Is it to late to register? I might be able to make it.
05-0026,

We got a rather late start with the show this year, so I've held open the registration site longer than we usually do. I am going to close the link on Monday. So please get to bcmc.net and to the Queen Mary page, and register your Saleen ASAP. Class 77. A Saleen Club of America rep will call you to make sure you are classified in the correct Saleen Class.

We've just passed 300 (327) entries last week, making this the largest Saleen Show anywhere, and the largest Mustang show in CA. Get registered and help us make our goal of 350 pre-registered!

See ya Sunday!
Jon

Last edited by Mach1Fun; 09-13-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typo junkie
Old 09-13-2009
Banned

Default SaleenFest 2009 - 300+ Vehicles & Counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Looks like a great event, Jon! Great opportunity to meet M. Shields and spy the 435S.

What is Courtney Hanson up to? Last I knew she dabbled in television and was a featured celebrity guest on the regional custom car show circuit.

One February day a few years ago... I spent like 8 hours, or something, on a canvasing campaign for a mayoral race. Once this finished for the day... I then ran for a bite to eat... then ran to a book store to purchase a then current auto mag with CH featured, but they did not have it! So, I than ran to another store... ...then ran to her last Saturday signing... finally it was then framed, matted, boxed and shipped to Jim as a "gag gift" within a few days. Humorous since he present me with a signed CH 8x10 a few weeks/months prior to the event. Good times and dork humor.

So, when I think of Courtney Hanson, I think of the cold day I ran around town.
Hey Dave,
I do some work with Courtney, and she has been staying very busy. She hosts to shows on Spike TV: PowerBlock and Great Rides. She is the Matco Tool Gal and the spokesperson for 3M Automotive Products. She appears at car shows all over the country & Canada, too. Check her out at www.courtneyhansen.com.

See ya at SaleenFest!
Jon

Last edited by Mach1Fun; 09-14-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-14-2009
Banned

Anyone else make it to the Belmont Shore Car Show today? Saw a bunch of BCMCers there. A lot more Mustangs than in past years. The show is about a mile long on 2nd st. and about 700 cars. That was a L O N G walk!
Old 09-14-2009
Inactive Account

Jon,

Sounds like the Queen show should have a good Saleen turn out. Hopefully you will have more then that show in CO earlier this year :)

I love how everyone is in competition for the most Saleen at a event that is great for the hobby. Hopefully we will start to see more shows with Saleens at them.
Old 09-15-2009

Anyone know if there still letting people register for this? I looked and it shows Aug 24th was the cutoff but theres rumors you can still get in. I want to show with my class but i need some kind of confirmation on being able to register.
Old 09-15-2009
Inactive Account

Be sure to meet the one and only Mike Chessnow out there. He will be out there to see a real show.
Old 09-15-2009
Administrator

I had an Internet-challenged member call me last night and I referred him to the BCMC hotline... not sure how he made out.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-15-2009

I Just registered online. So im assuming you still can.
Old 09-15-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05-0026 View Post
I Just registered online. So im assuming you still can.
Enjoy! Eat food. Take photos.

After the registration, I believe you will be contacted by an event rep. to correctly classify your vehicle for the show. Don't know if this would be Jon, Mike... or an unidentified 3rd party.
Old 09-19-2009
Banned

Default Still a Little Room

Hey all,
We've closed regular registration a cople days ago, but have made room for a few Saleen Day-of Show Classes.

We now have 350 vehicles, 30 vendors and a 2010 435s Saleen Mustang that arrived in a huge Speedlab trailer today.

Even better - the email from someone to Saleen, explaining how "concerns are still mounting from last year's show" fell on deaf ears. Saleen is really excited to be a big part and major sponsor of this and future car shows with BCMC. They made up a special one-of-a-kind banner that will be on display, then auctioned off at the end of the day.

Come out and fill up the Day of Show spots - You get 2 tix to the Queen Mary (a $50 value), and a chance to speak with the new Saleen owner and a very STAND UP guy, Mike Shields.

See ya all Sunday!
Old 09-19-2009
SOEC Member

We are here after a long day of driving. There are 5 cars in our class. Seems like a lot less Saleen cars this year than last. The sheet we have shows about 25 Saleen's. Should still be a good showing. We are in the same area as last year and the new 2010 Saleen Mustang is sitting out. We should get a close up view at dinner tonight.
Old 09-20-2009
Banned

Default Come Meet Mike Shields at the REAL Saleen Show - 9/20/09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlooker View Post
We are here after a long day of driving. There are 5 cars in our class. Seems like a lot less Saleen cars this year than last. The sheet we have shows about 25 Saleen's. Should still be a good showing. We are in the same area as last year and the new 2010 Saleen Mustang is sitting out. We should get a close up view at dinner tonight.
Hey it was great to have you at the Meet & Greet. Yes, there are about 15 fewer cars this year than last year. I think there have been some confusion about the fact that SaleenFest is the actual continuation of the Annual Saleen show that used to be held in The Saleen HQ in Irvine, CA.

However, I think the fact that Saleen owner/CEO Mike Shields is at the show - even cracking a beer during his talk to the 150+ Meet & Greet attendees - put all the confusion to rest. Saleen is back, will continue with SaleenFest, will continue making awesome Mustangs, and is here to stay (I saw photos of the new Saleen - AMAZING! It starts with the hood, and is just as great on through the rest of the body.)

I hope that all you Saleen fans will come out and meet Mike in person. He has stated that he will answer any and all questions that come his way. Future product; the "Warranty Issue"; whatever. Bring it on. You will be impressed with him, I assure you. He is a genuinely nice person.

Bring your car - we have 7 Saleen Day of Show spaces for you. Camee Edelbrock just signed up to bring her Saleen, and so should you!

See ya at the Queen Mary!
Old 09-21-2009
SOEC Member

Any pics ?
Old 09-21-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedS281SC View Post
Any pics ?
As reliable as clockwork, Glenn from Mustang World has put his gallery online. There are Saleens spied on virtually every page at http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News...ry09/index.htm.

Also reporting was Matt from Motorator. Saleen coverage starts at about 6:20 into the video at http://www.motorator.com/videos/918.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:

Last edited by Jim D.; 09-21-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-21-2009
Inactive Account

Jon,

Thanks for the update, looks like a good time. Glad Mr. Shields was able to make it out and share his vision for Saleen and their plans.

Please keep us in the loop for the next show, maybe one day I will make it back out to the Queen show and meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin's Note:
Now that the event has passed, we'll close this thread and continue with a Coverage thread here: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=6173