The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 11-09-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Default S331 JDM Upgrade

I just installed my JDM pully, airbox, and computer upgrades... Wow, Should have done that two years ago. Cold start problems are gone, stumble when getting on gas is gone, shifting is much firmer, not to mention the extra HP and boost make it a whole different truck. If you havn't done the upgrades (JDM or Troyer), you need to seriously consider it. This is the way the truck was supposed to run when new from Saleen.

Headers and 456 gears are next!!! and some new rear tires!!!
Old 11-09-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetea67 View Post
I just installed my JDM pully, airbox, and computer upgrades... Wow, Should have done that two years ago. Cold start problems are gone, stumble when getting on gas is gone, shifting is much firmer, not to mention the extra HP and boost make it a whole different truck. If you havn't done the upgrades (JDM or Troyer), you need to seriously consider it. This is the way the truck was supposed to run when new from Saleen.

Glad you enjoyed the upgrade! if you want more let me know, the gears are the next best step!
Old 11-10-2009

I already have the Stage I, 4.56s, a customized Fluidyne dual pass intercooler, and modified exhaust (enlarged tubing, 2x14" Magnaflow mufflers/resonators) from the cats to the side exits, but am looking for a little more. Can you PM me a quote for some LTs, hi-flo cats, and a 3.0? Every time I go to y'all's site all I can find for our trucks is the e-fan setup...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by wcdean; 11-10-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-11-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdean View Post
I already have the Stage I, 4.56s, a customized Fluidyne dual pass intercooler, and modified exhaust (enlarged tubing, 2x14" Magnaflow mufflers/resonators) from the cats to the side exits, but am looking for a little more. Can you PM me a quote for some LTs, hi-flo cats, and a 3.0? Every time I go to y'all's site all I can find for our trucks is the e-fan setup...

Thanks in advance!

We do have longtubes but the rest of the system is made custom in house. If you know a good exhaust shop it shouldnt be a problem to have something made up. I can send you pictures of systems we built to get ideas. If you do that you can go to a 3.00 or 2.87 pulley. We ran a 2.87 and 10% overdrive on our truck once we had the full exhaust.
Old 11-11-2009

Sounds good. Send me the pics if you would. Fastlane in Houston does my exhaust work and yeah the do really nice work so they should be able to rig something up for me.

If you have any other suggestions I am all ears. Even with the current upgrades I am still not satisfied with the power it's making. Last dyno run was a mere 380/440 albeit it was in 100 degree shop temp. Even taking that into consideration it's still disappointing...

Email address is wclaytondean@aim.com. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Sounds good. Send me the pics if you would. Fastlane in Houston does my exhaust work and yeah the do really nice work so they should be able to rig something up for me.

If you have any other suggestions I am all ears. Even with the current upgrades I am still not satisfied with the power it's making. Last dyno run was a mere 380/440 albeit it was in 100 degree shop temp. Even taking that into consideration it's still disappointing...

Just sent some pics over, the headers retail for $995 and take 1-2 weeks bc they are custom built to order. Email me back if you have any questions!

JimIII
Old 11-12-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:

BTW my father is gonna be in Texas for the NMRA race, he is also doing some tuning maybe stop by and see him to discuss the power level of your truck!
Old 11-12-2009

The one this weekend at HRP??? Crap, I wasn't planning on making the trip. Now I'll have to figure out if there is any possible way for me to make it. I'd love for him to take a look at it! At one point Joe Cramm (I think that's how you spell his last name) was saying that y'all might be opening a shop down here. Any word on that actually happening?

I'll keep an eye out for the pics; haven't seen them come through just yet. Thanks, Jim...

Last edited by wcdean; 11-12-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
The one this weekend at HRP??? Crap, I wasn't planning on making the trip. Now I'll have to figure out if there is any possible way for me to make it. I'd love for him to take a look at it! At one point Joe Cramm (I think that's how you spell his last name) was saying that y'all might be opening a shop down here. Any word on that actually happening?

I'll keep an eye out for the pics; haven't seen them come through just yet. Thanks, Jim...

We do plan to open a shop, my Dad has a has house down in Houston and when he moves he plans to open a place up. My father will be at HRP this weekend, he leaves on a plane tonight ill tell him to look out for you if you can make it.
Old 11-12-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:

Heck yeah you need to make it down!
Old 11-12-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM View Post
We do plan to open a shop, my Dad has a has house down in Houston and when he moves he plans to open a place up. My father will be at HRP this weekend, he leaves on a plane tonight ill tell him to look out for you if you can make it.

Hey Jim I sent you a PM. If you can help me with that, I'll try and keep Kathy off your back, lol.
Old 11-12-2009

I'd love to Joe, BELIEVE ME, but with us getting ready to put the house up on the market we have people already committed to coming into town this weekend to put some finishing touches on it (painting, carpentry, and cleaning). Granted most of the folks coming in to town are my family and they will love me no matter what I do but they would certainly be miffed if I left them holding the bag while I went to play. I just don't think that there is any way for me to pull this one off. I will know more tonight, though, and I will shoot you an email or give you a ring if it looks like I can get away...

Hey Jim those pics still haven't come through. If you could resend them I would appreciate it. I will also let you know if I plan on making it down to the event but it looks doubtful at this point. I might just have to catch you guys the next time y'all are down here. Any idea when that might be???

I am moving to Houston either next month or in January so next time it should be much easier for me to meet up with you guys...
Old 11-18-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetea67 View Post

Your message sold me, now I need to pull the money together........