The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-15-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: S281 3V exhaust?

I bought a 2006 S281 about a year ago. Apparently, the pipes had corroded to the point that the owner removed much of the center of the exhaust and had new tubing and resonators installed. He saved the rear-exit chrome tips with some of the tubing that makes the 90-degree bend heading forward. I'm thinking of restoring the original look and not sure where to begin. Do I seek out a local muffler shop to attach my rear tips to a new exhaust set-up and just purchase the Magnaflow or Flowmaster mufflers? Or is there anywhere I can find a Saleen exhaust system from a salvage place somewhere? I don't want to spend a ton as I only paid $17.5K for the car, but want the original look.
Old 02-15-2020
Administrator

If you are seeking a used 2005-09 S-series cat-back system, sometimes they appear at Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

If you want to recreate the the system, you will need two mufflers that have a single inlet with a dual outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
ezgif-1-199141af5387.jpg  

Old 02-16-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

Thanks Dave. I was going to call American Muscle and see who was supplying them before they stopped selling them. The piece I have will get me from the tips to the muffler outlet. Shouldn't be tough to re-create, but just nice if I could purchase the complete unit. Too bad Saleen doesn't carry more parts like this for these years. I was also looking to get new upholstery for my driver's seat and the company that used to make them no longer has the template and will not work with them to re-create the pattern. I may try a local salvage place to see if they can locate anything withing a reasonable distance. I live in Eastern Pa and since this is a California car, it may turn out to be a bit of a challenge.
Old 02-19-2020
Administrator

Hi. Saleen was probably supplying the exhaust to AM at one time.

Yes. Trim parts and small odds-and-ends are no longer serviced for these 2005-09 Saleen Mustangs.

Your best chance for seat covers will be from a damaged or salvaged 2005-07 S281.
Old 02-21-2020
SOEC Member

In the muffler world those single in-dual outs are called Camaro mufflers.
Get the diameter of the pipe and go to eBay.
In the search box type in "Magnaflow camaro".
Keep in mind you can also get them in polished and performance versions.

The hanger can be easily copied from existing muffler and tacked on. ;)

An example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-MagnaFl...UAAOSwfedd3rrN

Last edited by Barricade; 02-21-2020 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-28-2020
Administrator

Replacement system:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8262887701805/