The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Northeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Northeast Topics for events and get-togethers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine.

Old 08-17-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Northeast Regional Saleen Club Event 2009

I would like say thanks to everyone involved in the NE Rally. Mike, Frank and the rest of the crew great job. Having it at Orange County Choppers was a unique place to hold the event and from what I seen everyone had a great time. Also the weather was phenominal!! Thanks again to all, and I believe 33 Saleens showed ,not bad. The motto was the order of the day- Fun, Friendship, and ( of course!) Saleens! Great Job Everyone!!!
Old 08-17-2009
Inactive Account

Sounds like it was a good time, I spoke to Chris during the show he was happy with the turn out. Looking forward to the show up there next year.
Old 08-17-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Excellent show, very well done, and I'm already looking forward to the next one!
00 Excursion, White
05 King Ranch F-350 Dually crewcab
Old 08-19-2009

yes it was a great show , alot of fun i can't wait till next year.
Old 08-19-2009
Inactive Account

Dave you have Anthonys 86 nice car I had 86 0123 man I miss that car it was so much fun.

Chris I am looking forward to next years show, break that 40 car recond that guy in CO keeps bragging about :)
Old 08-20-2009

Default The ghost of chris!!

Hey Chris went by your car 5 different times during the day and did not catch you. Next time around. Luke
Old 08-21-2009

i know sorry dude i was a one man wrecking crew, i was trying to get away, there was a lot of people there, i tried to go by every car and shake hands with the owner, you must of been at my car lol...
Old 08-24-2009
SOEC Member

Smile NE Saleen Show at Orange County Chopper

Hi Everyone,

I thought the show was excellent and very well attended. There were many more cars and spectators than I had expected. I expect the OCC location had something to do with it.

It was well managed and everthing went smoothly. My hats off to all the organizers and helpers! Super Job!

The one thing that a lot of people made comments to me about was that the Best of Show award at a Saleen car show went to a non Saleen vehicle and it wasn't even a mustang, but a Ford Contours. I went to look at the vehicle, and while it was super clean I was a bit surprised myself.

I even overheard the winner speaking to another participant say that he felt he didn't deserve to win. He felt there were so many other cars at the show better than his.

Looking forward to the Nationals being held there next year!

I had a blast this year and the vendor food was great! I brought my lunch as always, but ended up not eating it. *LOL*

All the best to everyone!
Old 08-24-2009
Inactive Account

I am looking forward to next years event. It should be one of the biggest gatherings in years.
Old 08-25-2009

Default NE Event 2009

One criticism there were no vendors, I don't know if this was an oversight or what but part of the event should be devoted to vendors as I, my self like to look at what's new in the marketplace and generally just like to browse. I did speak to Jess from Saleen Inc. and he wished he could have been there but the Woodward Cruise took precedence. We would love to see some corporate presence on hand next year being that there were more Saleens sold in the Northeast than in any other area in the US. I also have to wonder whether there is enough room without expanding into the Hilton parking lot for a national show I know space was limited when I pulled in at 10am and cars had to be moved so the Saleens could all park together. Also a Contour winning Best of Show in a Saleen Regional Event?? Nothing against the Contour it was a pretty car but the Black 281 SC Coupe who was the People's Choice Award winner was clearly the better car hands down! I have judged shows in the past. I believe the owner's name was Dwight and he was clearly dissapointed as he should have been. The Best of Show award in a Saleen Show SHOULD GO TO A SALEEN! Hey Dwight hope you got your ears on buddy! I finished second to you in 2005 - 2009 Coupes and was shocked my daily driver finished ahead of Frank's S281 SC Black Coupe with the Carbon Fiber hood another beautiful car I deserved third and he should have been second. But I won't turn down a second place. Just please take note Best Of Show SHOULD BE A SALEEN!!