The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-11-2006
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Concerns about the Saleen...

Hello everyone,
I am extremely interested in joining the Saleen ranks, but after reading the many negative posts in here about all the issues with their 2005 and 2006 Saleen I am really nervous about buying a Saleen. I don't want to be in the shop for multiple days and dealing with service departments. I really love the Saleen and after reading all the problems I'm thinking that maybe I should look at other cars such as the Vette or Viper. Only problem is I like the Saleen best.

Does anyone here have anything inspiring to say about their Saleen?

P.S. I am about to order a Silver 2006 S281 Saleen SC.

Take care all!
~Anthony
Old 01-16-2006
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Anthony:
All we can say to you is if you dont buy a Sallen........somewhere down the road you'll kick yourself in the **** for not doing so. Most of the problems that have occured are fairly minor.....or in some cases very few and far in between. Yes we had a problem with a sway bar ,for us it was not a big deal. The one thing you have to remember is that the 2005 production run was the "1st" year run for the newly designed Mustang...Problems are going to happen,im sure the Mustang GT owners have had their share of them also. Right now the only other thing that we have an issue with is that we need to get our 05 S281 into service for a factory recall for the engine hood bolts. Like any recall , its part of the business of building car..............its going to happen. Good luck on what ever you descide to to, but it you really want to stand out in a crowd.................why buy a Viper or a Vette?.....they are everywhere. get yourself the Saleen. You'll be thankful that you did. We surely are
Old 01-17-2006
Saleen Forums Registrant

I owned an 03 S281 and my ex (wife) made me get rid of it for a truck. I regret it every day that I don't have my Saleen (much less a Mustang). I've owned an exotic, and during the short time that I did I would still look at Mustangs as they drove down the street. Do yourself a favor and get the Saleen. I drove the C6s and the SRTs, and I promise that you will definitely enjoy the S281 vice those other two. Once my divorce is over, it's back to Saleen!
Old 01-17-2006
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thank you for the inspiration! I've been thinking about the Saleen and after numerous hours of research I still find the Saleen the sexiest sports car on the planet.

I've been researching NSX's, Porsche's, Vette's, Viper's, Chargers, Supra's, 350ZX'z and RX8's and the Saleen is always on top of my list.

Think I will go ahead and order the Silver S281 SC Saleen.

Take care,
~Anthony