The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 07-27-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Hitch on my S331? (new to the forum)

Hey whats up? I could not figure out how to start a new thread to intro myself. I need info on putting a hitch on my S331? Do you have to go with the package Saleen sells? Also will I have any problems towing a trailer with motorcyles? Or a boat? Thanks
Old 07-27-2009
Administrator

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy!
Old 07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2dafnj View Post
Hey whats up? I could not figure out how to start a new thread to intro myself. I need info on putting a hitch on my S331? Do you have to go with the package Saleen sells? Also will I have any problems towing a trailer with motorcyles? Or a boat? Thanks
No, you wouldnt HAVE to go with the one that saleen installs, Yuo should be able to use any reciever hitch that is made for our year model F-150......that being said however, to take advantage of the "hidden" hitch behind the tag, yes I believe you do have to use that particular brand of hitch. Its made by Pace Edwards if you wanna try to save some money abd get it directly from them. As far as towing....shouldnt have any problems. I drag a 6 x 12 trailer loaded down with to race bikes and all our pit gear all over the south east with mine and have no problems. HP to pull it definately isnt an issue and if you have the brake upgrade kit you are a step ahead of all the other regular f-150's in the stopping department. you'll be fine.....I might think twice about backing that truck into the water to launch a boat though....just b/c of what it is, you know? hope this helps, good luck
Old 07-31-2009

Saleen 190 which one do you have on yours? And is there any cutting that has to be done to the bumper???
Old 07-31-2009
SOEC Member

I previously purchased the saleen hitch off of ebay. I haven't installed it yet because I don't plan on purchasing a boat until next year - and yes I have been a little skeptical about backing it down the loading ramps. My question is should it have come with bolts to secure it to the frame or is there already bolts in the frame that will work?
Old 07-31-2009

Kewl. How much did you pay? And what exactly is it called so I can search for it. Thanks
Old 08-01-2009

MIne actually had the hitch on it when I bought it. The previous owner had it put on as an option when he bought it. However, before I bought this truck I had been shopping around for others and had found one at a dealership without one. In trying to make the sale the dealer/salesman informed me that the hitch Saleen was using was manufactured by pace edwards...as is the bed cover which they install. I had tracked them down on thier site and was looking into getting one and buying that truck, then I stumbled across the one I bought. As far as i knowthe hitch "should" come with the necessary hardware to install it.
Old 08-04-2009
SOEC Member

Well my hitch didn't come with any hardware to install it. Does anyone know what parts I need to install it?
Old 08-05-2009
Suspended Account

Mine had a hitch on it but I tow my jetskis to the lake every other weekend and back it down a ridiculously steep loading ramp with no prob. I only break traction when i want to show off lol. I am going to put air bags on the back because it squats the rear pretty bad. You might need a new tag holder, one that flips up.
Old 08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnouts331 View Post
Well my hitch didn't come with any hardware to install it. Does anyone know what parts I need to install it?
let me get under mine this afternoon and take a look at what you need. Did you get the one that is an option for our truck or did you go with a different brand? And as Ks said, you will need the flip up tag bracket.
Old 08-06-2009

nevermind...just scanned back up at your other post. Let me check mine this afternoon and I'll get back to you on the hardware.
Old 08-06-2009
SOEC Member

If anyone is interested, I have a complete brand new S331 hitch package that I would sell. It comes with the flip-up license plate bracket, trailer plug-in and the Saleen hitch.
Old 08-06-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
I previously purchased the saleen hitch off of ebay. I haven't installed it yet because I don't plan on purchasing a boat until next year - and yes I have been a little skeptical about backing it down the loading ramps. My question is should it have come with bolts to secure it to the frame or is there already bolts in the frame that will work?
You use the original bumper bolts to mount your hitch. You need the flip-up license plate bracket for installing a hitch receiver.
Old 08-07-2009

yep, what he said.
Old 08-29-2009
SOEC Member

Does anyone have an intallation bulletin on how to put the hitch on the truck or where I could get one?
Old 08-30-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Contact Saleen if it is one of their hitches. They were very helpful when I installed the air suspension kit on my truck.
89-100SSC
Old 08-30-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Does anyone have an intallation bulletin on how to put the hitch on the truck or where I could get one?
Ask Saleen SpeedLab for the installation instructions and the wiring diagram. I had these 2 downloads from Saleen, but I erased them. I do have copies printed out though, if you have trouble getting them.
Old 08-31-2009
Administrator

We just posted the documents for you all in the TSB and Installation Guide section:

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthr...3655#post23655

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 01-27-2010

How much are you asking for the hitch??
Old 01-27-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
How much are you asking for the hitch??
Sorry, but I sold my extra Saleen hitch package this last summer to a guy back east.
Old 01-30-2010
SOEC Member

Hey! You sold that to me! Speaking of which, Thanks again, and Great White: Good luck in finding one for your truck as well, I just happen to get lucky!
Blacked out Headlights & Tail Lights
Saleen Hidden Hitch
Saleen Drop-In Bedliner
Saleen Rolling Tonneau Cover
JDM S331 Upgrade

2013 Mustang GT Premium (Black)
High Flow Upper Grille
Lower Grille Delete
Front Chin Spoiler
Side Skirts
JLT Cold Air Intake
BBK Throttle Body
BBK Long Tube Headers
BBK Off Road X-Pipe
Corsa Extreme Exhaust
Custom DiabloSport Tuning
Old 01-31-2010
SOEC Member

Yeah, I remember now! Had a brain cramp and I thought I had sent it to a Florida address. I take it that you got it installed. How did the install go?