The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 11-22-2012
Account with Invalid Email

Default Saleen parts needed....please read.

Hey guys, sorry I had to join your forum under these circumstances but I thought this is a perfect place to get some direction.

Two years ago my 1967 Shelby GT500 Eleanor was stolen. The police found it last month and returned it to me. The thiefs for some reason took out my 427 side oiler and as far as I can tell, they replaced it with a 2008 5.4l 3 valve S331 truck engine. The motor doesn't run as it's missing alot of stuff like the wiring harness, PCM, injectors, etc. but I have purchased all those parts and now the rebuild process begins.

It's missing the alternator bracket, and from my research this part may be next to impossible to find. Anyone know where I might be able to get one or have an idea of what I can do?

It also needs the fuel rail. Can any type of fuel rail be used such as Areomotive or does it need to be Saleen specific. Also, are these fuel rails the return style?

One last thing please, can someone direct me to a source to find the engine schematic to help me in my rebuild so I can figure out where everything goes. Here's a couple pictures of what I'm work with. Thanks so much for your time guys
Old 11-22-2012

Old 11-22-2012

IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/427gt500e/013.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-22-2012
Administrator

The top lid of the supercharger is the Mustang version. Are you positive this is a 5.4 and not a 4.6?
Old 11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The top lid of the supercharger is the Mustang version. Are you positive this is a 5.4 and not a 4.6?

Hey Dave,

I'm pretty certain it is a 5.4 and not a 4.6. I really don't know too much about these mod motors but my research revealed one way to determine if this is a 5.4 by the freeze plug location. On the 4.6 the freeze plug will be about 3/4 of an inch below the deck, where the head bolts on. The 5.4 engine the freeze plug location will be about 2 1/2 inch from the deck and that's where it is on this motor.
Old 11-22-2012

Couple more pictures if this helps....

Old 11-23-2012

Just spoke with Jim Jr. at JDM and he got me set up with everything I need. Thanks Jim!
Old 11-23-2012
Administrator

Great source for knowledge!
Old 11-24-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

You went to the right guy.Jim sr.
Old 11-25-2012

I never would have known about JDM unless I joined this forum. I don't know much about mod motors as I'm into BB Ford push rod motors so my research on this forum has been a tremendous help. Thanks guys.