The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 04-04-2007
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Front License Plate?

Anyone out there catch any heat from having no front plate yet?
I got pulled over the 2nd day! and was told that I didnt have a front plate at 4am in the morning on my way to work... Had paper plate in the window... I think he just wanted to check it out :shock:
Wondering if there is a way to petition to not have one... Many exotics don't. Who wants to drill holes into that Mean a** looking front.
Old 04-06-2007
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Plate

NO WAY , would I drill holes in my front bumper cover. I would try to have a braket made up to go under the bumper cover . Maybe a body shop could help you out .Or a metal weld fab shop? GOOD LUCK. :idea: :idea:
Old 04-07-2007
Suspended Account

Hi Guys,
I can tell you from past experience many states are very picky about front plates being properly displayed on vehicles. My solution to not drilling the front bumper cover is to use either two sided automotive moulding tape or plain old velcro works great for mounting the front plate bracket on your Saleen without drilling holes! Hope this helps answer your questions.

Dave,
Old 05-04-2007

My selling dealer checked with Saleen and a factory front plate holder is in the works.
In the meantime, I've attached mine with plastic cable ties, as MD requires front plates.
Old 02-12-2011

well.. its been a while since I posted on this, but I finally received exemption from the Washington State Patrol for no front plate.. official letterhead and all that must be carried at all times in the vehicle. in a short version... Basically I had to get letterheads from Ford and Saleen stating that at no time do they or will they make a front plate bracket assembly for this vehicle. WSP called both locations for verification as well as looked at photos of the truck and granted exemption.:)
Old 02-12-2011
Suspended Account

I dont run my plate on the front,but its in my trunk.If they ask I took it off at the car wash and forgot to put it on.I have this removable mount.
http://ccmustangbrackets.com/purchase.html

They make them for all years.Comes off with 2 wing nuts.
Old 02-13-2011

Default front plate relocator kits or fabrications

Hello,
Might I suggest checking into some of these fabrication or modification places. You know that guys that have the body-down, shaved door handles etc. When I used to go to those car shows these guys had some really trick / slick mounting bracket that would either hide or allow of quick removal of the plate. It might even be worth a call to West Coast customs or Unique Autosports.
Old 02-15-2011

well i received exemption from the law now, so no wireties or wing nuts needed. I dont even have to carry my front plate in the car