The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121 Just for the Saleen N20 and S121 Focus cars.

Old 11-22-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: SVT Focus vs Saleen Focus?

anyone ever do a vs battle of the two. mags, or tv show?
Old 11-22-2011
Inactive Account

The Saleen focus did not get much press. I would guess with the N2O on the Saleen would beat the SVT off the line the SVT would take it top end and breaking, I think the Saleen handles better and would pull a better G, over all they are both fun cars. I am looking for another SVT and if I find one maybe I will do a show down. If I do I will let you know how it turns out :)
Old 11-22-2011

i have a 03 svtf. its great little car. love to how the saleen is.
Old 11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wackett View Post
The Saleen focus did not get much press. I would guess with the N2O on the Saleen would beat the SVT off the line the SVT would take it top end and breaking, I think the Saleen handles better and would pull a better G, over all they are both fun cars. I am looking for another SVT and if I find one maybe I will do a show down. If I do I will let you know how it turns out :)

thats what im thinking too.. i drive both.. saleen off the line then the svt will pass it top end, but if you spray the saleen it will beat the focus svt.. the svt will out brake the saleen.. if you have the upgraded brakes on the saleen i think the saleen will win.. saleen handles a lot better
Old 11-22-2011
SOEC Member

I'd be curious too. I bought an '03 SVT with the European appearance package in March and it handles like a go kart and stops like one too. It also has some surprisingly good low end torque. Now I want to drive the N20.

The heated Recaro seats, factory projector headlights, and 6 spd are a bonus. Not sure if the N20 came with those.

'98 XP8 98-0056
'02 S281E 02-0012
'01 Mustang GT 385whp/385tq
'03 SVT Focus
'04 SVT Focus
Old 11-23-2011

i love how my svtf handles. fun on the curves! wish it did have a little more hp. i might add a few little bolt ons to get it up to 200hp
Old 11-23-2011
SOEC Member

It needs more power no doubt. I bought mine to save gas and I baby it to maintain the 30-31 mpg I get so I doubt I'll be adding power anytime soon. As a daily gas saver that's fun to drive and has some exclusivity that I crave with cars, this car is spot on.

'98 XP8 98-0056
'02 S281E 02-0012
'01 Mustang GT 385whp/385tq
'03 SVT Focus
'04 SVT Focus
Old 11-23-2011

my hat goes off for svt making the car. i do also drive the car daily and baby it for its 30mpg, but i am hoping to picking up another daily driver so take some of the miles off the svtf.

i was reading the specs on the saleen and drums brakes? wow. extra for the upgrade. seems a little crazy for saleen to do that
Old 11-25-2011

i have a s/c kit for a fsvt if you wanna make it faster lol

if the saleen put the upgraded brakes on the car would of been 30 grand lol. so they did cheap out to keep the price down.... a svt comes more loaded then the saleen. they also had a camiloen paint job to that you could order but that was like an extra 7-10 grand.. i dont remember