The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 08-07-2014
SOEC Member

Default Seeking info: 07-0401 S331 Supercharged

I have just bought a Right Hand Drive S331SC (No.401?) in Australia and I am hoping to verify the build details. It is badged as a S331 Supercharged, although based on posted production numbers, I am wondering if it actually began life as an SC. (Vin No. FTPX12587KD36972 / Eng No. 17KD36972) Any assistance / info would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
4864 (5).JPG  

4864 (1).JPG  

4864 (2).JPG  

Old 08-07-2014
SOEC Member

It has all of the factory SC components except for the supercharger which is a Roush unit. Assuming this was changed locally due to a lack of available Saleen parts in AUS and cost to freight components over from the US. It only has 43k miles on the clock. The Right Hand Drive set up appears to be ex factory, not a local conversion, so I am also wondering if this truck was built as a RHD unit at Saleen and if so how many other RHD trucks are out there.
Old 08-07-2014
Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your purchase.

Your S331 was born as a factory Supercharged model from Saleen. Mustang Austraila was the original stocking dealer and they would have performed the right hand drive conversion. Original color is Dark Shadow Grey.

It appears your S331 may have been one of the last (not the last) Supercab Supercharged trucks produced for 2007.
Old 08-08-2014
SOEC Member

Thanks Dave. I really appreciate your prompt response. I am very happy with the truck - very happy indeed. The only reason I was questioning its authenticity was because of the Roush SC. I have no access to the previous owner, so I can only guess as to why it was swapped out. I have found the forums incredibly informative and will no doubt continue to do so. I only know of one other S331 in Australia so ownership down here is quite exclusive and having access to these pages is very advantageous, particularly from a servicing perspective. Out of respect and appreciation I have recently sent a request for membership. Thanks again Dave.
Old 08-15-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Your truck is so awesome. The right hand drive is killer. You should look into finding the saleen rims for it. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 08-15-2014
SOEC Member

Thanks for your comments. I have been searching the web for original rims. There a few out there that I have enquired about but I am not getting any responses back from the sellers. I think that arranging freight to Australia might be putting people off. I have had the same experience with smaller items as well... It's no big deal. I am really enjoying the truck for what it is, but If I can restore it to the factory spec I will.
Old 08-15-2014
SOEC Member

Default Seeking info: 07-401 S331 Supercharged

Here are some more pics.....
Attached Thumbnails
4864 (20).JPG  

4864 (24).JPG  

4864 (22).JPG  

4864 (23).JPG  

Old 08-16-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

The tailgate panel were black color , i never seen a grey one ?
Old 08-16-2014
SOEC Member

Hi Haulin S331,

The original owner had the tailgate panel color matched to the rest of the truck - it's just one of several mods that I can easily identify. He has also replaced the saleen supercharger with a large roush unit (I recently contacted the dealership that I bought the truck from and they told me that this was done to increase horsepower and reduce noise - the hp I understand, the noise not so much). He has also upgraded the factory brake package to a wilwood system at huge expense. I don't know if this was necessarily a smart move as the 15" Saleen brakes are supposed to be as good as they come, but the truck stops very well. He was using it to tow regularly, so I can only assume it was done out of necessity. The audio system has been replaced with a local Sony unit - it's packing sat nav / DVD / reverse camera, etc.. And finally, the 24" Rims are very obviously not factory fitted. Everything else appears to be genuine Saleen.
Old 08-18-2014

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-19-2014
SOEC Member

I absolutely love this truck. I gave it a bit of a thrashing tonight (within the boundaries of the law of course), and it took everything that I could throw at it. I have owned much faster vehicles, but the exhilaration of launching something so heavy and getting it sideways (in a controlled manner just in case my insurer is reading this) is unparalleled. God bless America. I can't wait until the Mustangs roll out locally in 2016.
Old 08-22-2014
SOEC Member

Hi again SOEC forum participants.

Can anyone advise me if I will actually be able to fit the original 23" Saleen rims to my truck. It has a 16" Wilwood 6 pot calliper system up front, so I don't think I can, but I would like to be absolutely sure before I give up on them.
Old 08-23-2014

The front rim offset is different from the rear offset.
Old 08-29-2014
SOEC Member

Thanks Haulin S331,

The wheels that I have now are the same offset all round, and the front tyres are protruding approx 1" outside of the guard. I don't know the road laws in America, but in Australia it is illegal for the wheel / tyre to be any wider than the guards.