The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 08-16-2007
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Electric Fans

Sorry for the lengthy story here...
I realized after some time that I had not heard the electric fans periodically turning on and off (about 3 weeks)... got under the hood and did some hunting around and found 2 fuses blown. (40amp ATC & 10AMP ATC)
So needless to say, I replaced the fuses to find out that only one of the fans worked!
Took it to Ford / Saleen and they tracked it down to a dead short in the right fan. They contacted Saleen and they promptly sent out a "Fan Kit" replacement.
I dropped my truck off for service and kept getting the story that it wasnt finished yet from them... as the parts hadnt come in yet or they were missing parts from the Saleen kit. when I went to pick up my truck (3 days later)... low and behold, no more electric fans!!! :shock: I questioned the repair tech on this and he didnt beleive it either... in fact the first time they received the fan kit from Saleen, they sent it back because they thought it was the wrong parts. Turns out Saleen had sent a Clutch Fan replacement.
I called Saleen and they stated that due to several cases where S331's were towing heavy loads (such as a boat)... the fuses could blow and cause the truck to overheat. I was towing a 700lb SeaDoo on single trailer (under 1000 lbs) to Moses Lake which is about 180 miles away.
I called Saleen technical support in Irvine just to confirm with them that this was legit and they stated it was how all future S331's are being produced & that it is only about 2hp loss on their Dino...

Thoughts?
Old 05-25-2009

geeze, look how long ago this post was.....musta been one of the first to discover our issue. HIs truck did the exact same thing mine did. fuses blew, replaced them and fan still wouldnt work. wonder if he ever got anything accomplished with it other than that huge mechanical fan
Old 07-01-2009

Sob... still have machanical fan installed. One day, I will get some new electric fans. The way it was supposed to be
Old 07-01-2009

hey man, we have a fix for the fans now if your interested. Just required higher grade relays and fuse holders than what was installed on them and a little re-wiring. I had a tuner fix mine and came out under $200 total and if you want I can hook you up with how to do it yourself and you can get out for less than $75.....that is IF you still have your electric fans, or did they keep them when they installed your mechanical one?
Old 07-01-2009

Sorry to say, they kept my electric ones!. I liked the sound of them too.
I will have to do the whole new kit unfortunetly