The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-11-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlford52 View Post
Are there any reputable service shops in or around Atlanta, GA?
What are you looking to have done?

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 10-12-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
What are you looking to have done?

I have 42k on my car and want the recommended service/maintenance done by the book, but I've not found anyone whose willing, they are even scared of oil changes.
Mirror Caps, MRT Hood Struts, JLT Catch Can, Kooks LT Headers & Catted X, JLT Series 3 CAI, Bosch Injectors, HTO Plugs, 3.4 Pulley, KB Boost-A-Pump, SCT X3 Tuned by BRENSPEED, Chicane Brace, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH, White Extreme Splitter & Diffuser, MGW Shifter, Raptor Shift Light, 6K HIDs & LEDs, Stealth Bulbs, Steeda X-Brace, Corsa Sport Mufflers, Whiteline Watts Link & Rear Sway Bar, Slotted Rotors Front & Rear, 281 Grille, Dipstick, & Radiator Cover, GT500 Fan
Old 10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlford52 View Post
I have 42k on my car and want the recommended service/maintenance done by the book, but I've not found anyone whose willing, they are even scared of oil changes.
Have you thought about doing it yourself? The closest shop I know that's close to you and good is in VA.

Old 10-12-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
Check back shortly, we have a gallery of pictures saved up to show you some of the worst superchargers we've seen.
Where's the pic's?
Old 10-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_177 View Post
Where's the pic's?
We're working on gathering them.

Old 09-10-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Unhappy Bringing up this again.

Just got back from Mustang Week. Snout started leaking, but oil has always been checked over last 3 years and never low. I don't drive long distance and this is the first time I took my 07-341sc out of state and on a 3.5 hour drive. Got home and noticed snout leaking and SC has always sounded louder than normal, but that was confirmed when I finally met other awesome Saleen owners at MW! I have blue sealant, but upon inspection with snake camera, s281 dipstick it was not leaking from blue sealant, more so it was from the snout. I confirmed that once I took my snake camera and pictures from underside of snout. I see you can buy the entire snout on ebay for less than $400. Is that less expensive doing that route or just having parts replaced in snout. Jason at S281 will service mine later this month (entire SC) I hope because I'm not driving it other than on the trailer to take to local speed shop to remove and send SC to Jason. Jason mentioned with shipping and labor to take off it's about $1500 deal to service if no other issues, but now that snout appears bad I'm thinking we're pushing the $2000 price to fix?

I'd be curious if anyone else noticed leaks from their snout right behind pulley and it your SC sounded like you had bad bearings or seemed louder than normal? Again, I inspected the blue sealant on underside of SC with snake camera and it's not coming from there. It's right behind the pulley on snout.
Old 09-10-2017
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcary View Post
Just got back from Mustang Week. Snout started leaking, but oil has always been checked over last 3 years and never low. I don't drive long distance and this is the first time I took my 07-341sc out of state and on a 3.5 hour drive. Got home and noticed snout leaking and SC has always sounded louder than normal, but that was confirmed when I finally met other awesome Saleen owners at MW! I have blue sealant, but upon inspection with snake camera, s281 dipstick it was not leaking from blue sealant, more so it was from the snout. I confirmed that once I took my snake camera and pictures from underside of snout. I see you can buy the entire snout on ebay for less than $400. Is that less expensive doing that route or just having parts replaced in snout. Jason at S281 will service mine later this month (entire SC) I hope because I'm not driving it other than on the trailer to take to local speed shop to remove and send SC to Jason. Jason mentioned with shipping and labor to take off it's about $1500 deal to service if no other issues, but now that snout appears bad I'm thinking we're pushing the $2000 price to fix?

I'd be curious if anyone else noticed leaks from their snout right behind pulley and it your SC sounded like you had bad bearings or seemed louder than normal? Again, I inspected the blue sealant on underside of SC with snake camera and it's not coming from there. It's right behind the pulley on snout.
I think you can ship just the snout to 281 motorsports and have them replace the seal and the bearing for much less than a new snout.