The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-19-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Where to buy Series V Supercharger?

Hey everyone,
I got myself a real, but normally aspirated Saleen, but its time to put in the supercharger. Of course, I'm going to put in a Saleen Supercharger, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Extreme kit, if it even exist. Also, should I upgrade internal parts in the car, like the piston rings, or will it be ok.

Thanks again SOEC.
Old 04-19-2011
SOEC Member

The extreme superchargers are VERY hard to come by. You can watch Ebay for one.....but it's pretty rare.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 04-19-2011
SOEC Member

The Extreme supercharger is huge. You need a larger hood for it. Also, if you have a stock bottom end, even with the larger hood, you would be hard-pressed to fit the required SC pulley under even that hood. I don't know if there is a crank pully that would slow the SC down, but that maybe an option as well. The Tork Tech kit is an awesome SC kit as well and it can use almost any SC with numerous upper and lower pulley options, as the SC has its own belt drive system with this setup, for just about any boost level.
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
The Extreme supercharger is huge. You need a larger hood for it. Also, if you have a stock bottom end, even with the larger hood, you would be hard-pressed to fit the required SC pulley under even that hood. I don't know if there is a crank pully that would slow the SC down, but that maybe an option as well. The Tork Tech kit is an awesome SC kit as well and it can use almost any SC with numerous upper and lower pulley options, as the SC has its own belt drive system with this setup, for just about any boost level.
So buddy, your saying that this is all I need for, let's say, most SC packages out there. No piston upgrades, and such?
Old 04-19-2011
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayder_K View Post
No piston upgrades, and such?
Depends on how much power you want to make...keep it under 400rwhp and the stock bottom end is fine.
Old 04-19-2011

Hmmm, ok. Thx
Old 04-20-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

i know of a guy selling a series 4, not extreme though.
Old 04-21-2011

Series V, I can wait, but an extreme package, I will drop money today for.
Old 04-23-2011

PSE will swap out series IV case and rotors and build you a series V for around $2k. Talk to Ed, he is probably the most knowledgeable lysholm blowers. Going with a 2.3L could be allot for a stock bottom end 4.6L.

http://www.pse.us/products.Aftermarket.htm

Starting from scratch you have allot cheaper options though, like a used KB or a centrifugal blower... even the series IV is a really good little blower.
Tunable induction CAI|2.8 pulley|39# Injectors|05 Mustang GT pump|90mm MAF|75MM BBK-TB|Mosaleen idler|MAC Long tube headers|Mac Off road X|LFP-H/E and tank|Chicane I/C|5gpm pump|373 FRPP gears|NT555R 305/35ZR1|MGW shifter|FRPP Alum driveshaft|N2MB two step
86-0087
03-269 S281SC
92 LX coupe
92 LX convertible
Old 04-23-2011

The series V are very rare. I only have a few parts even left over from saleen. The only thing that can be re-used from a series IV is the manifold. The 2.3 is longer which requires a new inlet tube,bypass,outlet plate.
Old 04-23-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayder_K View Post
Hey everyone,
I got myself a real, but normally aspirated Saleen, but its time to put in the supercharger. Of course, I'm going to put in a Saleen Supercharger, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Extreme kit, if it even exist. Also, should I upgrade internal parts in the car, like the piston rings, or will it be ok.

Thanks again SOEC.
Go For the KB 2.1, Best Twin Screw Period! I have one on mine.
Old 04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Frantz View Post
The series V are very rare. I only have a few parts even left over from saleen. The only thing that can be re-used from a series IV is the manifold. The 2.3 is longer which requires a new inlet tube,bypass,outlet plate.
Lysholm built the series IV and V. You can see they still advertise them on their website:
Series IV - http://www.lysholm.us/_2300ax.php
Series V - http://www.lysholm.us/_1600ax.php

Saleen manufactured the one size fits all intake manifold and used it on all of "their" superchargers, series I through series V. They did not make the blowers and the manufacturers used them in other applications so they might not be as rare as you think.
Tunable induction CAI|2.8 pulley|39# Injectors|05 Mustang GT pump|90mm MAF|75MM BBK-TB|Mosaleen idler|MAC Long tube headers|Mac Off road X|LFP-H/E and tank|Chicane I/C|5gpm pump|373 FRPP gears|NT555R 305/35ZR1|MGW shifter|FRPP Alum driveshaft|N2MB two step
86-0087
03-269 S281SC
92 LX coupe
92 LX convertible
Old 04-24-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Frantz View Post
I wonder if the Cobra inlet system will work. Whipple sells the 2.3 with that option.
Old 04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Lysholm built the series IV and V. You can see they still advertise them on their website:

Saleen manufactured the one size fits all intake manifold and used it on all of "their" superchargers, series I through series V. They did not make the blowers and the manufacturers used them in other applications so they might not be as rare as you think.

I know Lysholm assembled the core unit. You can get a 2300 from them or whipple but the rest of the parts needed are what is the hard part. I only have a few of those parts saved from Saleen to re-machine.
Old 04-28-2011
SOEC Member

Here is one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180659569662

Old 04-29-2011

Nice! That looks like a series IV?? Can't tell by the description.
86-0087
03-269 S281SC
92 LX coupe
92 LX convertible
Old 04-29-2011

It is a series IV.
Old 04-29-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen View Post
Just wanted to point out that the picture shows additional/aftermarket equipment that did not come with the original saleen system (just as an FYI for people that might not be familiar with it):
  • 42lb green top fuel injectors
  • idler pulley (pictured in the top right corner)
  • air intake (missing filter unless I just didn't see it)
By the way...i'm not saying the listing is good or bad. Just pointing out some observations.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 05-13-2011

Default Talked To Some Experts

It will be very hard to find a Series 5. I wish I do. Please, guys, if you find one for sale, and don't want it, post it here.
Old 05-20-2011
SOEC Member

Just out of curiosity what is the max boost you can see out of the seriesV blower? It's a twin screw like a whipple correct? Good luck op with your search.
Old 05-24-2011

15 psi, maybe
Old 05-25-2011

The tech spec sheets I used to have at Saleen said it was good for 20 psi. That blower shown is a series 4, the easiest way to tell is it looks to be a stock pulley on it, and the series 5 came with a 4 inch pulley I believe. You can run one lower boost on a stock bottom end, but 400 rwhp is probably the most I would try without running risk of damage.

Also, Vortech/Paxton now owns Lysholm who made the actuall blower unit. I spoke with them at SEMA last year as they are using the 2.3 units on the new Camaros and other applications, however they had no plans to introduce the 2.3 for older model mustangs.
Old 12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
The tech spec sheets I used to have at Saleen said it was good for 20 psi. That blower shown is a series 4, the easiest way to tell is it looks to be a stock pulley on it, and the series 5 came with a 4 inch pulley I believe. You can run one lower boost on a stock bottom end, but 400 rwhp is probably the most I would try without running risk of damage.

Also, Vortech/Paxton now owns Lysholm who made the actuall blower unit. I spoke with them at SEMA last year as they are using the 2.3 units on the new Camaros and other applications, however they had no plans to introduce the 2.3 for older model mustangs.
I have a Series 5 I might want to get rid of for the right price. ;) PM me for details.
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN S-351 #37 "FASLEEN"
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN S-281SC #201 "SLOLEEN"
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN/COBRA S-281 #320
Old 12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
The Series V is a smaller blower? or are the links swapped?
Old 12-22-2011

series v is the bigger blower, the links need to be swapped.