The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-09-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Will this help improve my IAT?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTANG...cc28a4&vxp=mtr

It seems awefully inexpensive compared to what I was thinking. Alos from a scale of 1 - 5 how hard is this to install?

thanks in advance
Old 08-09-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtotheROC View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTANG...cc28a4&vxp=mtr

It seems awefully inexpensive compared to what I was thinking. Alos from a scale of 1 - 5 how hard is this to install?

thanks in advance
That's extremely cheap for a HE and fans. It should definitely lower your IAT's. On ease of installation I would say 1 as being extremely easy. The only hard part is removing the front bumper, which takes me all of 15 min.
Old 08-09-2013
SOEC Member

Wow that is a great price. You should jump all over that. Not sure if it comes with the relays for the fans. I would expect the wiring to be the most difficult part of the install. I have this HE and the higher flow Saleen pump (EMP sourced) and it does an excellent job keeping my IATs low and I am running a 2.75" pulley.
Old 08-09-2013

I just received mine from those guys so I will let you know once I get it installed this weekend or next, it does not come with any wiring or relays, so I purchase a Painless (30101) fan relay kit.
Old 08-09-2013

Thats great you got one, thanks for the tip on the wiring kit! Please let me know how it went, ill order one for sure....
Old 08-09-2013
SOEC Member

Just tap into the water pump wiring. That's what I did with my afco and it's been running like this for close to a year.
Old 08-15-2013

I just finished installing the ebay/Saleen HE on the 06 Saleen the install was not bad but two things I didn't think about with the new HE, was that it has a 1" fitting on the pump side of the HE so I needed a 1" to 3/4" heater hose to connect the water pump to the HE, the other side has a 3/4" fitting so the factory hose worked fine. I also had to move my water pump over and back a little to get the angle of the hose right. Now as far as the IAT temps go, I have tested it a couple of times and it looks like it is running a little cooler but I have not been to the track yet, the biggest difference I see is the temps come down a lot quicker that before. Here are some pictures of the install.

Difference in size

Water pump bracket/new location

Installed

Wiring for the fans painless fan wiring kit with 30 amp relay, I looked up the fans part number and it looks like they are only pulling 6.4amps so I went with just one relay instead of two.

Old 08-21-2013

Those pics help a lot, thanks for getting those up there. I have the exchanger, and am waiting on the harness......hopefully get it by the weekend. I find that currently my temps don't come back down. Once they get to 150 it stays there. It also doesn't take that long to reach that on hot days.
Old 08-23-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtotheROC View Post
Those pics help a lot, thanks for getting those up there. I have the exchanger, and am waiting on the harness......hopefully get it by the weekend. I find that currently my temps don't come back down. Once they get to 150 it stays there. It also doesn't take that long to reach that on hot days.
can you post the web link where you bought he wire harness?
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 08-24-2013
SOEC Member

Default Relay wiring Kiy

Here the the link to the Painless Wiring kit 30101 from Summit Racing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-30101

But is the switch being used to turn the fans on and off or are the fans on all the time?

I would think with the extra cooling capacity the fans would NOT be on all the time and just switched on as needed...

jc