The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 08-29-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

Default New UK owner, please help

I have just purchased a 07 Sallen S331. Its not been used much and has only 693 miles. I am due to collect the truck next Thursday but have a couple of questions. The serial number is 222 and its a supercharged Sportcab.

When the engine is running with the ac on or off one of the fans is permanently running, cold or hot. Is this normal?

Please excuse my ignorance but whilst on the test drive (tight roads no more than 50 mph) the gauges on the pod were showing, left hand boost when accelerating, right hand pod nothing, is this normal?

Finally, the performance compared to my stock Hemi ram seemed poor for 450hp, seen comments on threads about a jdm kit, what is the rough costs and what would you recommend on a budget with little expertise in the UK to install.

Many Thanks in anticipation happy Sallen owner.
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I own 07-246 which is also supercharged. With the AC on, the fans should cycle on and off even when the engine is cool. If the engine is warm the fans will stay on. With the AC off, the fans should not come on until the engine is warm.

Also, there is a recall from Saleen regarding the electric fans. If you are able to take it to an authorized Saleen dealer they will remove the electric fans and replace with a belt driven fan. I have had several problems with mine. I have replaced two relays and even the PWM controller. One of the in-line fuse holders completely melted down this week. When I arrived home today one of the fans continued to run after the ignition was shut off and the key removed. I think I am done with the electric fans!

It sounds like your boost and ACT gauges are reading correctly. As long as the truck is moving, my ACT will only read 25-30 degrees above ambient even in 100+ weather.
89-100SSC
Old 09-05-2008

I have owned one in the UK since march last year. The performance is poor for the quoted bhp so i bought the jdm kit and has made a vast difference. the cost of the upgrade was around 1k plus fitting. if your are competent you could do it yourself.Check that your recalls have been sorted. Saleen sent me the parts and paid to have them changed.
what part of the country are you in and is your truck red?
Old 09-05-2008

Default uk 331 owner

HI, I live in the midlands. And yes I bought the Red car I think you are on about. Can you let me know what parts of the JDM kit you have, I have allready spoke to JDM via mail and have anumber of options reccomended by them. I do not think my recalls have been done and would appriciate yur help re what i need and who to contact.

Many Thanks
Ian
Old 09-05-2008

Ian,
i bought the induction kit and the power grade which gives an additional 80bhp at the wheels plus it lifts the existing top speed of 100mph to 140mph.
the recalls include a brake hub change if the truck has the optional 15" discs and a wiring loom kit if you are running the electric fans. I opted out of this and went for the mechanical fan as i tow a rally car and they are quieter.
if you speak to Saleen they will help you with any parts needed.FOC.
I have had additional silencers installed to stop the reverberence in the cab. although i loved the sound i have covered 20k miles in 14months and wanted people to hear me on hands free. it's much better. i can give you details of the company in Banbury if you wish. He actually worked for Steve Saleen some years back on his race cars.
If you have not had an import before you may want to change the stereo as it wont pick up most of the radio stations.
Don't forget an oil change every 3k miles and back wheels wont fit the front, (off-set). If you have the brake up-grade the spare won't fit the front, hence you should have a BF Goodrich compressor and puncture repair kit.

any orther queries let me know.

Sean
Old 09-05-2008

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have the brake upgrade so will need the new hubs and would prefer the fan changed as I have read some horror stories. Jd have said i need power chip, induction, smaller pully and new belt for 80Bhp, is that what you have?

Ian
Old 09-05-2008

Yep, thats it. all comes in a box with an installation CD. couldn't be easier.

Sean
Old 09-18-2008

Default Saleen contact

Sean (or any other member)

I have now mailed Sallen twice about a couple off issues and the brake, fan and cruise recall. They are not replying to my mails. Can someone give me a good contact to mail that will talk to me via email (I am in the UK)

Thanks
Ian
Saleen S331 07-222

Old 09-18-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisgt View Post
Sean (or any other member)

I have now mailed Sallen twice about a couple off issues and the brake, fan and cruise recall. They are not replying to my mails. Can someone give me a good contact to mail that will talk to me via email (I am in the UK)

Thanks
Ian
Saleen S331 07-222

We'll try to get someone in contact with you by e-mail.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-18-2008

Jim, Thanks. They have mailed me and i have given them the info. I am looking forward to a positive response. Thank you again for your assistance.

Ian (happy S331 owner)
Old 09-18-2008
Administrator

Any time! Sometimes it just takes a friendly note to the right person. Sometimes it just takes a reminder... or a little patience.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by 331spank View Post
Ian,
i bought the induction kit and the power grade which gives an additional 80bhp at the wheels plus it lifts the existing top speed of 100mph to 140mph.
the recalls include a brake hub change if the truck has the optional 15" discs and a wiring loom kit if you are running the electric fans. I opted out of this and went for the mechanical fan as i tow a rally car and they are quieter.
if you speak to Saleen they will help you with any parts needed.FOC.
I have had additional silencers installed to stop the reverberence in the cab. although i loved the sound i have covered 20k miles in 14months and wanted people to hear me on hands free. it's much better. i can give you details of the company in Banbury if you wish. He actually worked for Steve Saleen some years back on his race cars.
If you have not had an import before you may want to change the stereo as it wont pick up most of the radio stations.
Don't forget an oil change every 3k miles and back wheels wont fit the front, (off-set). If you have the brake up-grade the spare won't fit the front, hence you should have a BF Goodrich compressor and puncture repair kit.

any orther queries let me know.

Sean

I bought mine used with 5000 miles on it. how would I find out if the hub recall or the wiring loom on the fans has been fixed yet?
Old 11-26-2008

just mailed saleen with my truck details (tag etc) and they mailed me back with the details.

Ian