The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Classifieds > eBay Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

eBay Madness Share or discuss interesting things for sale that were found on other sites such as eBay or CraigsList. Postings for items which infringe Saleen intellectual property or trademarks will be removed.

Old 06-22-2016
Administrator

Default Barrett Jackson: 89-0178 Saleen SSC

Low mileage Saleen SSC heads to the Barrett Jackson auction in Uncasville, Connecticut - June 23 - 25, 2016.

Excerpt from Gas Monkey Garage...
12 Gas Monkey Garage Cars at Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction

This weekend is going to be HUGE for Gas Monkey Garage. We are taking 12 cars and the Fast N’ Loud camera crew to the Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction at Mohegan Sun. And these aren’t just any Gas Monkey rides we’re taking with us. This is the first Barrett-Jackson auction in the Northeast, so we’re taking some big hitters!

Lot #438.1
1989 FORD MUSTANG SALEEN SSC

Auction: Northeast 2016
Reserve: NO RESERVE
Price: Request Bidder Info
Lot: 438.1
Year: 1989
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG SALEEN SSC
*Includes Buyer Commission

Details
VIN: 1FABP41E4KF304203
Exterior Color: WHITE
Interior Color: WHITE/GREY
Cylinders: 8
Engine Size: 5.0L
Transmission: 5-SPEED MANUAL

Description
Lot #438.1 - This 1989 Saleen Mustang time capsule is #178 with only 661 actual miles (mileage not indicated on the title). It's offered by Gas Monkey Garage. Ford didn't do a 25th Anniversary Mustang, but Steve Saleen did, introducing his SSC on April 17, 1989. Based in California, Saleen was a veteran SCCA Trans-Am and Formula Atlantic racer. Saleen owned several Shelby Mustangs and decided to follow in Shelby's footsteps and make stock Mustangs into personal high-performance cars. The result was a limited-edition run of specially modified 5.0-liter V8 Mustangs that are instantly recognizable by special paint, graphics and interior combinations that any high-performance automotive enthusiast will appreciate. Engine, suspension, exhaust and brake upgrades are enjoyed by only a handful of lucky owners that get to experience these cars first-hand. This particular example, serial #00178, has been meticulously cared for in a private collection and is only now offered for sale, having been stored in a climate-controlled environment for the past 27 years. 5-speed manual transmission.
Attached Thumbnails
news_2016_89-0178SSC_bj_01.jpg  

news_2016_89-0178SSC_bj_02.jpg  

news_2016_89-0178SSC_bj_03.jpg  

news_2016_89-0178SSC_bj_04.jpg  

Old 06-24-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Big Money

Today at B-J auction an extreme low mileage 89 SSC sold in the $40k's so that's very good to current SSC owners. It did have like 660 miles something like that but still very good price for a Fox-body
Old 06-26-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39Mustang View Post
Today at B-J auction an extreme low mileage 89 SSC sold in the $40k's so that's very good to current SSC owners. It did have like 660 miles something like that but still very good price for a Fox-body
If it was this specific unit 660 was since the resto and the specifics said the title was not actual miles. Buyer bought the Gas Monkey name more than the Saleen value itself.
Old 06-26-2016
SOEC Member

FYI on this car.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=16268
Old 06-26-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specracer View Post
Why did you change the link?
"(mileage not indicated on the title)"

Just weird for a vehicle to not have a single mile on it in 3 years and be offered and marketed as Gas Monkey's now. 661 in 15 years comes out to 44 miles a year, as the original owner claimed was to cycle fluids. And if the mileage is correct this would be the current ceiling as I'm sure there are little to no other SSC's with anywhere close to these miles. Trust me I've been looking for one, and if I was able to get one with this low of miles I'd hope it was worth more than $40k. Just seems sketchy in my opinion especially when the mileage isn't indicated on title.
Old 06-26-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel View Post
Just weird for a vehicle to not have a single mile on it in 3 years and be offered and marketed as Gas Monkey's now. 661 in 15 years comes out to 44 miles a year, as the original owner claimed was to cycle fluids. And if the mileage is correct this would be the current ceiling as I'm sure there are little to no other SSC's with anywhere close to these miles. Trust me I've been looking for one, and if I was able to get one with this low of miles I'd hope it was worth more than $40k. Just seems sketchy in my opinion especially when the mileage isn't indicated on title.
They (auction houses) have to say the unverified line about mileage. It was once explained to me, but I do not remember. Someone else can reexplain why they have to say this if need be.
Old 06-27-2016

Some states have a mileage exemption on cars 10 years and older so all auction houses play it safe and do not certify mileage and authenticity to protect them self's. This was a 661 mile car and as close to perfect as you can get.
Old 06-27-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

I saw this in person at BJ...was not "as close to perfect as you can get"...drivers door painted...very sharp dent on roof above L/S quarter window.

Gas monkey bought it from that craigslist ad in Oregon and I was told paid $40k...with all the shipping involved and auction fees, he did not do to well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perauto View Post
Some states have a mileage exemption on cars 10 years and older so all auction houses play it safe and do not certify mileage and authenticity to protect them self's. This was a 661 mile car and as close to perfect as you can get.
Old 06-27-2016

Thanks for the first hand look,My inspector must have been mistaken,but still a huge price.
Old 07-26-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Now it's on eBay.
Old 07-27-2016
SOEC Member

Is it? If you noticed this one, this is 185, vs 178. 185 looks very nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...m=131889623565

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsaleen417 View Post
Now it's on eBay.
Old 01-24-2017

The episode of Fast N Loud / Gas Monkey Garage, was on last night 01/23/2017. They sold a nice 1989 Saleen SSC for $38K. Richard Rawlings was disappointed in the selling price and stated that he thought it would bring more money. I am not sure what Saleen sold for $82K, but it was not this one, and I don't believe that Gas Monkey sold another Saleen at BJ.