The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-21-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Question HELP: Where can I find this pulley?

So this tensioner pulley under my series 2 supercharger came apart on the road, gone, couldn't find it. Luckily I was only one mile from the house so I didn't overheat. Where can I find a replacement? I don't have the pulley so can't measure for size and dimensions to find it online. Any help is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
20200821_211610.jpg  

Old 08-22-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Missing Idler Pulley

Looks like the upper idler pulley is what came off. I see on the late model website they call out all 4.6 from 1996 to 2004 and is a motorcraft part.
I am sure the local auto zone or advance auto would have the same in a dayco or other brand replacement if in a jam.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8678C/96-04...MaApetEALw_wcB

I looked on advance's website and found a motorcraft unit and it shows the bolt (which I assume you lost also) coming with the pulley - maybe the route to go.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...idler%20pulley

Hope this help!
Old 08-22-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Update: I walked along the side of the road around where the pulley released yesterday and was able to find it. I took it to the auto parts store and we were able to find a match. According to their computer the pulley that matched was for a Chevy truck idler but it looks almost identical to the one on our Saleens.

Installed it and it looks good. Test drove it and appears alls well...for now lol
Attached Thumbnails
20200822_130744.jpg  

Old 08-24-2020
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default pulley info

Hey can you provide the part number, brand etc. I am having my alternator rebuilt and thought I would change this idler at the same time. Let me know thank you Sir.
Old 09-19-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Sorry for late response, heres the pulley package with part number on side.
Attached Thumbnails
20200919_110645.jpg