The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-12-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Question Q: Saleen SSC Pioneer collector car?

Looking for help to learn more and understand what I have. My understanding that 4 of these production cars were sent to pioneer as collector cars to be built as show cars. Upgraded audio amps, eq, components additional equipment along with upgraded shocks to support the weight. I can’t find anything about this but I know it happened. Can anyone bring light to this....
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2021
Administrator

Hi. These Pioneer SSC Editions were not built to become future collector cars. They were regional promo & display vehicles for Pioneer Electronics. These four vehicles were produced to help promote the upcoming Saleen SSC model and for promotion of Pioneer car audio equipment.

Pioneer was the audio choice of Saleen Autosport / Saleen Performance from 1988-93 (and 1994-95).

The two early Pioneer SSC conversions were completed about 5-6 months before SSC production began for retail versions. The two later Pioneer SSC conversions were completed about 3 months before SSC production.

The four Pioneer cars did not have the SSC engine modifications. These cars had their audio systems upgraded and changed during their lives with Pioneer Electronics via their respected assigned regions.
Old 02-13-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Let me correct myself I don’t own this car. I just notice for sale and figured it to be a rare find. I saw all the documentation on this vehicle and a sign certificate from Steve. I would just like to know more about this beauty. I also noticed you pic is same style as the car in picture.
Old 02-13-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Where is this one listed at? Just curious to see more pictures.
2004 Saleen S281 SC #227 (1 of 1 Torch Red w/ factory 6 speed)
Old 02-17-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00CobraR View Post
Where is this one listed at? Just curious to see more pictures.
Beckley! Just up the road from me.
Old 02-17-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV86-0149 View Post
Beckley! Just up the road from me.
My wife goes to Concord- small world!
2004 Saleen S281 SC #227 (1 of 1 Torch Red w/ factory 6 speed)
Old 02-18-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00CobraR View Post
My wife goes to Concord- small world!
My wife works at Concord and my family sold them the land for the Baseball field. Very small world. Holler if you go to one of the cruises in Princeton.