The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 01-05-2006
Administrator

Default Saleen Unveils New S331 at LA Auto Show

January 4, 2006 -- Los Angeles, Calif.

Before an international crowd in the home town of the nation's largest guild of motoring press, Ford's big news at the Los Angeles Auto Show was the unveiling of yet another Ford-based Saleen vehicle -- the Saleen Sportruck 331.

Building on the heritage of Steve Saleen's 1991 SCCA Race Truck championship in his specially-built General Tire Ford Ranger, the S331 unites functionality with radical performance, built on a 3-door Super Cab pickup truck platform featuring the performance and handling that Saleen owners demand.

The "Thunder" definitely roars with a twin-screw supercharged model producing a massive 450 bhp @ 5200 RPM and 500 lb-ft of torque at 4000 RPM. Power is achieved with the help of the dual-stage water-to-air intercooler and Saleen Powerflash performance calibration. For those who live life a little more mild-mannered, there is also a normally-aspirated 3-Valve model producing a respectable 325 bhp @ 5000 RMP and 400 lb-ft of torque at 4000 RPM.

Saleen enthusiasts will not be disappointed with the powerful statement the Thunder makes with its aggressive stance on the largest wheels available in its class -- a massive 23 inches of forged aluminum clad in high-performance BFGoodrich 305/40 series tires. Stopping power is assisted with 4-wheel ABS, 15" slotted and vented discs up front with 6-piston calipers, and 13.7" discs in the rear.

Aerodynamics and styling cues resemble the signature look of the S7 up front and in the rear, and the dual-dual side exhausts provide a unique exterior look.

Luxury interior treatments include double-stitched leather sport seating throughout, a jewel-like instrument panel with a twin-guage pod display, integrated silver panels and bezels, and Saleen race-style pedals.
Options include HID headlamps, bedliners, tonneaus, tow packages, motorcycle, bike and gun racks, sound and entertainment systems, GPS, ski racks, and heavy-duty toolbox.

The 2007 Saleen Sport Truck S331 is scheduled to be in full-scale production out of its Irvine, Calif. facility in July, and will be sold through authorized Saleen dealers. Starting in September, when Ford GT production ends, S331 production will be expanded to Saleen's Troy, Mich. plant.

MSRP for the 3-Valve is expected to be in the high-$30,000 range, and high-$40,000 range for the Supercharged model.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 01-05-2006

I like it. the interior is really nice. I wonder how much?
Old 01-05-2006
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Good question as for the price. I will be going to the L.A. Auto Show and will have to check it out.

2002 S/C Saleen Coupe
Torch Red #293
21st Century Heat Exchanger
21st Century Intercooler
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
Old 01-05-2006
Administrator

Plan on close to $40K for the 3-Valve, and $50K for the Supercharged version.

With no Lightnings to be had and the Adrenalin in limbo, those wanting a Ford solution to the Dodge performace trucks will likely find the Saleen S331 to be a very attractive option.

It's a very nice looking truck in person.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 01-06-2006

If anyone can get ordering info or any brochures on this, please let me know.

My wife decided it will make a perfect 25th anniversary present. For her, not me :D
Old 01-06-2006
Administrator

Well, since your wife wants it, here's a spec sheet...

http://soec.org/literature/specsheets/f150/

I don't know when the dealers will be taking orders, but with an estimated July production date, it could be any time. I'll try to find out.

The S331 is currently on display at the Los Angeles Auto Show in the Ford booth (West Hall entrance). It's a beautiful pearl white, and will remain there until the 15th.

A silver S331 will also be on display at the Detroit Auto Show from January 8-22 at the Saleen booth in the Concourse Hall of Cobo Center.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 01-06-2006

Thanks Jim, that sheet is very helpful!
Old 01-07-2006
Saleen Forums Registrant

Anyone know if there are plans for a SuperCrew version of this truck as opposed to the SuperCab?
Old 01-10-2006
Administrator

I haven't heard any talk of a longer platform.

By the way, here is some video of the unveiling...

http://www.car.com/content/research/...20Truck%20S331

Please note that the narrator indicates "twin supercharged" when in fact it's a "twin-screw supercharger."

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA