The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008
Administrator

Default 2007-08 Saleen S331 TSBs and Install Manuals

We're working to get the 2007-08 Saleen Technical Service Bulletins and Install Manuals online.

If you need one in particular, please PM me and we'll expedite it for you.

I do want to thank former Saleen Techline ace Jorge Lopez and the people at Saleen Inc. for providing these to us.
Old 06-16-2008
Administrator

Default 2007 S331SC Surging

2007 S331SC Surging Under Cruise or Constant Manual Throttle Pedal Application
Attached Files
File Type: pdf STB07-002 S331SC surge.pdf (46.1 KB, 130 views)
Old 06-19-2008
Administrator

Default Saleen SPEEDLAB Superchargers and Boost Gauge Statement

It has come to our attention at Saleen that there is some confusion with regards to how our supercharger works and what kind of boost pressure it should create. The following information should help you and yours assist customers with any questions they may have.

The first thing that has come to our attention is customers and dealerships saying, “the boost pressure gauge does not move no matter how fast I’m going.”

The only time the vehicle will produce boost is when the car is under load, meaning hard acceleration in 2nd or 3rd gear. You may see boost in all gears at wide-open throttle but, the amount of boost you will see will be small (2-3 lbs. In 1st, 4th and 5th gear compared to the 5-7 lbs you may see under hard acceleration in 2nd or 3rd gear).

Our Speedlab supercharger works with a by-pass valve system similar to that of a 1993 Ford T-bird Supercoupe. When the air fuel mixture enters the inlet tube (the tube that connects the throttle body to the back of the supercharger) it has two routes it can take, either directly into the manifold or into the supercharger. When it gets routed to the supercharger the car makes boost. The way it gets routed to the supercharger is based on the by-pass valve and how much vacuum the car is making. When the car makes a lot of vacuum (hard acceleration) the butterfly that directs that air fuel mixture in the inlet tube closes and sends it to the supercharger thus, creating boost.

When the car is under normal driving conditions (even accelerating from a stand still to 80 mph) the butterfly in the inlet tube stays open, directing the air fuel mixture directly into the manifold thus, not making any boost.

Again the car has to be at wide-open throttle to produce boost.

PDF Download:

Saleen SPEEDLAB Superchargers and Boost Gauge Statement

Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

on this boost conversation. i have an 07#349 SC an i was told that it has Adaptive Lesrning, if i drove like Grampa it would not perform when i wanted it too. so! ive driven it like i own it. with respect to laws!! BUT ive found the greatest boost point to be under heavy throtle, an also between speeds the boost can be felt greatly between 2&3, 3&4 4&5(or OD) (between 4&OD ya better be on the highway! with noone in front!) just my little in put on this subject. but am seriously thinking of an upgrade!!.
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

i had that same problem once! i was driving on winding country roads an had shut the Over Drive "off" an forgot it, an got on the highway an had a serging an pulsing feeling, then looking at the cluster i noticed the OD lite lit!!!!!!!!! clicked OD an all was fine! hope that helped?
Old 11-25-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

How about the TSB about the rear end shutter in these trucks? Can we get that one posted? I know that it is caused by too much negative pinion angle (some people have had up to -9 degrees pinion angle from the factory!! It should be -1 to -2 degrees.

Is there a TSB on these electric fans kicking on and off ever 10 seconds?
Old 11-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums Admin View Post

You may see boost in all gears at wide-open throttle but, the amount of boost you will see will be small (2-3 lbs. In 1st, 4th and 5th gear compared to the 5-7 lbs you may see under hard acceleration in 2nd or 3rd gear).

5-7lbs of boost? I have driven my truck under any and all conditions....full throttle up to 110mph....45 degree ambient temp to 105 degree temp. My gauge has never read about 4.5PSI. Or maybe this bulletin applies to the superchargers as a whole, including the mustang?? I wish this truck made 7PSI!!! lol
Old 12-29-2008
Administrator

Default All Saleen Vehicles - Flat Spotting on Tires - STSB08-009

All Saleen Vehicles - Flat Spotting on Tires - STSB08-009 - December 1, 2008

SERVICE INFORMATION: Procedure to repair "flat spotting" on tires that have been sitting for a period of time.

IF YOU CONFIRM: The vehicle has a vibration while driving.

See this post:

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showpos...8&postcount=23
Old 02-05-2009
Administrator

Default 2007 S331 3V & SC with 15” Brake Upgrade - Wheel Hub Assembly Update

2007 S331 3-Valve & Supercharged with 15” Brake Upgrade
Wheel Hub Assembly Update

INTRODUCTION:
Saleen, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2007 S331 Supercharged and S331 3V vehicles with the 15” brake upgrade option. These vehicles have a bearing held into each front hub by a C-clip, and some of the C-clips may not have been installed
properly. The potential failure modes of this issue are that the hub will come loose within the spindle and will force the rotor to contact the brake pad. Ultimately, depending on the driving condition (i.e. applied load), the bracket holding on the brake caliper could potentially fail, resulting in the rotating assembly (wheel, tire, hub, and rotor) separating from the vehicle. The Service Portion of this bulletin provides instruction on how to install this new wheel hub onto the vehicle.

IDENTIFICATION NUMBER:
This campaign is identified by 07V-188. This number must appear on all communications and documentation associated with this campaign.

NUMBER OF VEHICLES POTENTIALLY AFFECTED:
The number of vehicles potentially affected is 163.

DEALER RESPONSIBILITY:
It is the dealer’s responsibility to inspect and repair each vehicle affected by this voluntary safety recall which for any reason enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles that are in the dealer’s
inventory.

Download the entire document...
Old 02-05-2009

thanks for posting that jim
Old 02-05-2009

Back to the dealer she goes....LOL

****note to all...the flat spotting is very common and is a NON Warranty item
Old 02-05-2009
Suspended Account

thanks for the post ! guess ill be calling the dealer. an take my truck out of storage, rather do it now, then when i want to drive it.
Old 02-05-2009
Suspended Account

this may sound stupid! but here goes! what happened to the serial #' not listed. are they no longer with us
Old 02-14-2009
SOEC Member

f anyone needs an install manual for any body components, s/c, or the exhaust, I have the Operatios Description Sheets. They may help, since many S331 parts don't have actual end-user manuals... Let me know...
Old 02-15-2009
Suspended Account

2 things, flat soptting on the wheels because, of sitting. well in my expeirance is ill stay with the nitragin. the flat spots were gone in about 2>3 miles where as with the air it seemed to take for ever to go away. how'd you guys make out with the recall on the hubs? i fared well! all has been done. FIANALY i found a SALEEN dealer that seemed to be pretty nolagable. an got back to me within hrs.even asked me to check an send them the pt#s on my fuel rail. that cleared. the only problem is their 2 1/2 hrs away. out of 3 SALEEN dealers in Massachusetts their the only one left..
Old 06-24-2009
Administrator

We're closing this thread and moving reference documents to a new section to hopefully keep them better organized: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5424
Closed Thread