The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Northeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Northeast Topics for events and get-togethers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009
Administrator

Default Carlisle All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA - June 5-7, 2009

Stay tuned and RSVP below if you plan on attending!
Old 01-23-2009
SOEC Member

We will be there. Staying at the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg with the Yellow Mustang Registry. See you guys there!
Old 02-17-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Carlisle

My wife, son plan on attending it again this year. I just hope its not as hot there as it was last year. That sort of took all the fun out of it, but it was awesome to see all the other Saleens there. We cant wait till June!!

QWKENUF
Craig
Old 02-17-2009
Administrator

Show entry form attached.

Last edited by Dave; 08-15-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2009
Administrator

Details to come.

SOEC is planning to assemble a unique array of items and/or collectibles for pre-registered participants entering the Saleen vehicle class at this years Carlisle event.

To guarantee your 'goody bag' and/or vintage Saleen poster we ask that you list "Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club" under the Club/Gathering section on your entry form. Or for your convenience, download and mail the .pdf show form in the above post.

Afterward, send us a heads-up attendance note using the forum's Contact Us page, located in the bottom forum menu bar.

Over-and-out.
Old 05-02-2009
Administrator

The window to Pre-register for the Carlisle Events All-Ford Nationals @ $40.00 will close soon. After May 18th the fee will be $50.00 for a single entry.
Old 05-14-2009
SOEC Member

Thanks for using my Saleen on the banner...I feel honorerd lol. I wont be able to make the event though. I should be at the Saleen Nationals in Colorado this year however.
2002 Zinc Yellow Saleen #02-245 (SOLD)
.20 VT Shortblock, MPH 2v Race Heads
w/ MPH Turbo Cams
T-76 Hellion Power Systems Turbo
607rwhp 565trq 20lbs of Boost

2016 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500 HD Duramax
Old 05-14-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

We had to cancel going to Carlisle this year. With the major down turn in the economy and my working hours going to like less than 60 a month,,,We cant afford to do both Woodward ave. and Carlisle. We enjoy Woodward to much to miss that, so Carlisle took the hit from us....Maybe next year we will see everyone out there

QWKENUF
Craig
Old 05-15-2009
SOEC Member

I won't be going plus I never find anything to buy for my 06. I do like the car show though.........
Old 05-15-2009
SOEC Member

HI-
I have never been to carlisle or the all Ford nationals. I live in Jamestown NY so carlisle is not that far. I have been to summit raceway in OH for the Mopar nationals. Im a Ford and old Mopar fan and owner of both. I have had many Ford mustangs in the past. My Ford car now is a 04 Saleen 281sc conv. #355. I'm thinking of going to this show. Could someone tell me a little about it. Can I bring my camper or do I need to get a hotel. I am a member of SOEC
Thanx-Muzzy
Old 05-16-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
HI-
Could someone tell me a little about it. Can I bring my camper or do I need to get a hotel. I am a member of SOEC
Thanx-Muzzy
Hi Muzzy,

First I think we need to fix your forum account to display your membership status. There must have been a slip.

Campground parking during the All-Ford Nationals is available. Follow information link --> HERE You should look into this option and terms ASAP.

Carlisle is a 3-day event. 8th Mile drag racing on Friday evening. Participant ballot car show on Sunday. Autocross on Sunday morning. Award presentation Sunday afternoon.

Vehicle entry fee pays for gate access to the fairgrounds all three days. Anything beyond the car show will be pay-as-you-go.

Half the show field will comprise of Mustangs. Ford's, Mercury's, Lincoln's and misc will split the other half. Significant autos and special displays are featured in the indoor displays all weekend.

Show pre-registration ends on May 18th. After that the entry fee increases. You can register via, mail, fax, phone or electronically. Also same day registration is an option.

If you have any additional questions send a note my way.

Event Link:
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

With the current economy, tight budgets and shrinking entertainment dollars, some of us were brainstorming of what we could offer to help offset the entry fee.

It's a tight time line and pending, but we crested the idea of offering an autographed card or poster from Steve Saleen to each participant registered under the group. Whether the items will be on hand or a voucher system is to be determined.
Old 06-01-2009
Administrator

SOEC Hospitality area will be located in Q 63-64.

See map.

Old 06-05-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

I will be leaving in just a few hours!!! I can never sleep before a trip... I hope it stops raining!
Old 06-05-2009
Administrator

Event Coverage --> All-Ford Nats. 2009 - Carlisle, PA - Photos

Last edited by Dave; 06-08-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: updated link
Old 06-08-2009
Inactive Account

Ben and I made it up on Sunday, sounds like a goodtime was had by all.

Had the pleasure of meeting Jeff Clark, and talking with him about Saleens plans for the rest of this year and the 2011 model. Sounds like they have good things planed.
Old 06-08-2009
Administrator

We would like to thank Greg (saleenlocator) and his Locating Service for verbal support and initial planning.

Also, a warm thanks to west coaster Ben C. (Ponypinoy) for reproducing the SOEC/Saleen vehicle 25th Anniversary poster in vinyl for use as a banner.

As a side, it was great to see Ben M's 1990 SC. One of my favorites.
Old 06-08-2009
Account with Invalid Email

great turnout, i should have came , maybe next year

question, that silver extreme "02" is that a factory "SALEEN" graphic on the door
it looks SOOOOOO out of place
Old 06-08-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06saleenX View Post
great turnout, i should have came , maybe next year
We would love to see new/ additional attendees and participants.

Quote:
question, that silver extreme "02" is that a factory "SALEEN" graphic on the door it looks SOOOOOO out of place
Yes. This would be the 2009 version the the Saleen door graphic. According to Jeff the vehicle in question is a 2008 press car updated to 2009 spec.
Old 06-08-2009
Account with Invalid Email

thanks dave for the info

wonder why they did a graphic like that ugh should have stayd with the traditional along the bottom nice small letters

that one looks like someone went to pepboys an bought some decals an stuck them on
with no care of size/fitament etc
Old 06-08-2009
Administrator

Quote:
wonder why they did a graphic like that ugh should have stayd with the traditional along the bottom nice small letters.
I believe if we would go through the press material or interviews about the 2009 models, we would see Mr. McCammon state the graphic design change was issued to make their appearance more subtle or "tasteful." Not really sure if he referenced all the decals with the statement or just the banner and/or chevrons.

The small chevrons don't really bother me... but the large SALEEN on the doors didn't do it for me. I don't know it the size bothered me... or just the spacing of the letters compared to the updated window banner. Those two graphics just did not gel with me when placed together.

It might be neat to see a fresh or new decal design for 2010/11.

Changing topics:
WINNERS LIST FOR ALL-FORD NATIONALS 2009

G41 SALEEN (ALL)
143 KOENIG, KEVIN - 1993 FORD MUSTANG SALEEN FIRST PLACE
144 MITCHELL, DWIGHT - 2007 FORD SALEEN SECOND PLACE
145 SIMMONS, MELISSA - 2007 FORD SALEEN THIRD PLACE
Old 06-11-2009
SOEC Member

We had a great time and thanks to the SOEC member who put the poster in my car! I have it hanging in my cube at work along with all my other SALEEN posters I hate it for the Silver Speedster that hit the deer!
I own the Yellow Mustang Registry and we came away with the 2009 Coolest Club Hangout Award

03 S281SC Coupe #03-0081 Series IV SC, Chicane Pulley, Intercooled, JLT CAI, 42lb. Injectors, Diablosport MAFia, Ford Supercar GT Fuel Pump, Magnaflow Exhaust, Brembo 13" brake package, 3.27 gears, MaxGrip, Tri-Ax Shifter, Racecraft Suspension, 18X9 and 18x10 Chrome Saleen Wheels w 275/35/18 Nittos, Saleen Leather Seat Package and Saleen Pedals 370 RWHP / 405 RWTQ Tuned by Dan Desio @ Pro-Dyno - Fort Mill, SC
Old 06-11-2009
SOEC Member

I too want to thank you guys for getting down to the YMR area and getting the posters in our Saleens...did you also drop the goody bags off too? Unfortunately I was busy all day Saturady with the YMR tent and didn't get up to see you guys. By the time Staurt and I got up to see the Saleen section, you guys had pulled up stakes and were gone. Did have a good talk with Jeff Clark tho. Congrats to the winners in the G-41 Saleen class this year. My car took a second place in class at Carlisle last year. Maybe I'll see some of you at the ATCO show again this year.
Old 06-11-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BananaSaleen View Post
We had a great time and thanks to the SOEC member who put the poster in my car!
You are welcome. Car looks great Stu!

Quote:
I own the Yellow Mustang Registry and we came away with the 2009 Coolest Club Hangout Award
I will agree. When I walked by the Yellow tent it was like a completely different world. Congrats on the award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpony281 View Post
I too want to thank you guys for getting down to the YMR area and getting the posters in our Saleens...did you also drop the goody bags off too?
The car is still looking good, Steve! I needed the exercise and a tan, no problem. Yes, we also provided the goody bags. You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpony281 View Post
By the time Staurt and I got up to see the Saleen section, you guys had pulled up stakes and were gone.
Unfortunately, we only planned for Saturday. On the plus side... Saleen and Jeff were able to make use of the tent for the weekend. We already have different things planned for next year, so hopefully if nothing else I'll drop by the Yellow tent and say "hi."

Take care.
Old 06-11-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Unfortunately, we only planned for Saturday. On the plus side... Saleen and Jeff were able to make use of the tent for the weekend. We already have different things planned for next year, so hopefully if nothing else I'll drop by the Yellow tent and say "hi."

Take care.
Yes definitely stop buy and see us next year Dave. Are you coming to Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach? If so, stop buy our tent there

03 S281SC Coupe #03-0081 Series IV SC, Chicane Pulley, Intercooled, JLT CAI, 42lb. Injectors, Diablosport MAFia, Ford Supercar GT Fuel Pump, Magnaflow Exhaust, Brembo 13" brake package, 3.27 gears, MaxGrip, Tri-Ax Shifter, Racecraft Suspension, 18X9 and 18x10 Chrome Saleen Wheels w 275/35/18 Nittos, Saleen Leather Seat Package and Saleen Pedals 370 RWHP / 405 RWTQ Tuned by Dan Desio @ Pro-Dyno - Fort Mill, SC
Old 06-12-2009
SOEC Member

When we walked through the YMR camp, my father exclaimed "Wow, now these guys know how to do it!". If I had a yellow car, I'd be proud to be associated with you all. =]

Stu - My sentiments exactly on the fellow with the Silver Speedster. I didn't meet him, but my heart goes out to him. I had a sick feeling in my stomach every time we passed that car. Alas, kudos to him for making the show anyway. I would probably have taken a notion to turn my car around and head home to wallow in my tears and self-pity.

Maybe next year, or possibly at another event, I'd like to meet up with more owners and enthusiasts, as this was my first big event with my car. I didn't plan properly, as I only decided to make the trip a few days before the show. These cars are few and far between where I reside, so events such as Carlisle are the only place where I am going to meet others with my passion for these cars.

Again, Dave, thanks for my goodies as well. The gesture is certainly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Are you coming to Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach? If so, stop buy our tent there
I believe I'll miss Mustang Week, Stu. Thanks for the invite! I believe we'll connect soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinULose View Post
Maybe next year, or possibly at another event, I'd like to meet up with more owners and enthusiasts, as this was my first big event with my car.

Again, Dave, thanks for my goodies as well. The gesture is certainly appreciated.
The PAS Open House meet-and-greet in Virginia is next on the calendar and we all are looking forward to Carlisle 2010.

You are more than welcome with regards to the goodies.

Hope to see everyone soon/again.
Old 06-14-2009
Administrator

Carlisle event coverage via StangTV.

www.stangtv.com/forum/carlisle-all-ford-nationals

http://stangtv.com/photos/showgaller...cat/528/page/1
Old 06-16-2009
Administrator

Carlisle event coverage via the members for FourEyedPride.com.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=77600

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=77575

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=77507
Old 07-11-2009
Administrator

We'll continue our photo coverage in the following thread: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5517
Closed Thread